Ok why can't I get off on edibles or tinctures

it’s the opposite of immune or built tolerance when it comes to edibles. you don’t build a tolerance. you build a profile. keep eating them, one day you will get cross eyes. then you’ll say, “i don’t know what was wrong with me yesterday, i could barely walk without stumping my toe” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d really be in trouble. I’m starting with double vision as default. :rofl:

2 Likes

It sorta hits me like a magic mushroom trip. Like I can feel it building as it starts to metabolize. And then it doesn’t do squat if I eat it again the next day. So far. I’m really enjoying these brownies though. My mom is too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 @Northcountryguy you know how good a piece of fresh cured bud tastes when you bite and chew some, better than Alfalfa tastes. Well making 20 or thirty Moon Rocks you always notice how good they smell and taste. Already heat treated, you eat 1/4 of a Moon Rock your eyes will twinkle Galaxies and your toes will wiggle like a coon hound when he sleeps

:upside_down_face: i can live with a double posted picture, long as it knocked me out that stuff is so good i thank God for it, No Joke

2 Likes

@bigbud,

I always used to do the butter for extraction. But I have converted to the olive oil side for edible extraction. Here are some reasons to give it a try.

Butter always go rancid in about a month in the fridge. If you freeze it it is hard to remove a personal dose off the frozen canaglacier. At its basic butter (formed solid) state dosing can be tricky, especially to someone new to edibles. How much is a little bit of a dab o butter?

With olive oil it is liquid at room temp. Use an eye dropper to count 4 drops. Too strong, try 2 drops. Still too strong, you can cut it 50% with fresh oil. Best of all stable at room temp. No fridge needed ever. Throw it in the back of the truck camping. It subs perfect in any baking recipe that calls for butter or vegetable oil. Your taste buds will not taste the difference.

I have also done plenty of coconut oil for edible extraction. It is still pretty thick and solid at room temp. I had a friend on a GI tube that could do the olive oil but not the coconut oil. It would clog his GI food port. The olive oil would flush clean.

But mainly olive oil has more long glyceride (tri, bi and monoglycerides) carbon chains than butter and coconut oil. Basically the carbon chains are longer so they have more “hands” to hold onto more cannabinoids. Think of how a longer bucket brigade moves more water at once than 3 people can.

Butter has around 25-35 long carbon chains. Avg
Coconut oil has 40-50 long carbon chains. Avg
Olive oil has 65-75 long carbon chains. Average

[long carbon chain: any saturated or unsaturated glyceride chain more than 10 carbons, but a max of 29.].

Hands down the science is clear, the olive oil can extract more individual cannabinoid molecules per volume than either butter or coconut oil. The long carbon chains are the hands :raised_hands: of extraction.

Then no matter which ever you use for extraction, sunflower lecithin is needed to up your game at edibles. The lecithin breaks the large canabiniod molecules (that like to clump together) down in individual micelles (like mikes spray) so they are bioavailable for our body. If clumped together our bodies have a hard time breaking large chain glycerides and acids into usable small enough snipits to get into our blood stream. Before our body’s pass (waste it). It essentially amplifies the potency by forcing the body to waste less of it. By making micelles and holding the cannabinoids apart in individually small (ready to go) molecules.

But even more importantly, the sunflower lecithin makes dosing uniform as it spreads out the glycerides and attached cannabinoids evenly through the oil. So one brownie doesn’t have all the weed and the other side of the pan is a dud. I have read that lecithin is used in virtually all pharmaceutical pill rendering for exactly this reason.

I have noticed that a lot of folks don’t want to “feel” high when new to medical cannabis. If they got ripped they would never do it again. That’s a shame but true. The olive oil makes micro dosing way more feasible. I personally just like to do a free pour into my morning coffee. But that’s another story.:blush:

2 Likes

@Noddykitty i have to give up the phone and let my wife read about your olive oil prescription, i did one to many knock out hits Wow! good night

2 Likes

Actually MDbuds did an essay about all this a while back. I fully concurred and just paraphrased the main points. Butter and coconut oil kick, but olive oil kicks more.

1 Like

:wave: @Noddykitty we definitely follow Mdbuds around watching and taking notes from him and everyone else. we’re old school the youngsters say. Growing weed is a dead end, the day one thinks there’s nothing new to learn. Remember the old days, we didn’t have a forum, nor did we have seed banks https://youtu.be/fWl5TD3CLXQ and now it’s legal and Peace to the Future and to the family without the over the shoulder worries that Uncle Sam wants to meet you face to face. Damn, i’m glad those days are over

2 Likes

This makes so much sense. For the same reasons our most aromatic cuisines tend toward olive oil rather than dairy or other heavy fat, they tend to be great carriers that give up the good stuff readily without heavily distorting the bouquet……

And olive oil is a more heart healthy fat as well.

1 Like

@Northcountryguy Help! i need coffee Lots of coffee i still taste moon rocks my eyes are red

2 Likes