Oh - oh .....fan problem

This is my first grow so I purchased a Vivosun 6" exhaust fan and filter kit brand new about 5 weeks ago for use in 4x4 tent. Today I noticed a rather strong electrical smell coming from exhaust vent. No smell in tent - It"s still running fine so far but I am concerned and watching it closely. I really dont want my grow destroyed by fire.

I thought Vivosun products were supposed to be good but wtf I am well into flower and now this. I’ve reached out to Vivosun for a quick replacement but if they decline I will be purchasing a new fan very soon .Any recommendations that are NOT Vivosun?

I’ve always used Infinity with good results: i currently am running a 8” infinity in my 4x8x6.5

1 Like

Thanks…Ive heard those AC infinities are awesome…not cheap though…but see what happened when I went cheap ? For now I have a freaking battery operated smoke alarm in my tent. Didn’t know that was part of required equipment…lol

2 Likes

When it comes to fans I highly suggest ac infinity.

1 Like

Smoke alarm is always a good idea just because . . . add a fire ball if you want to back that up. A 4" runs around a $100 but knowing it’s there just in case brings peace of mind.

Purchased a new AC Infinity T-6 system. No response from Vivosun so I sure wasn’t gonna go there again. I wont bash Vivosun…just didnt work out for me. Onto growing !:grinning:

3 Likes

On behalf of Vivosun they have responded and are commited to resolving any defective issue. A + for customer service. Again, probably exc product simply a personal bad first impression for me. Thank you Vivosun for responding !:+1:

2 Likes

Looks like you may have a inline for both intake and exhaust if you choose too :yin_yang:

Vivosun has offered to refund the full purchase price … and does not require the return of the defective item. I will be taking the refund and using it purchase a new Vivosun fan system for my second tent. Cant say enough about their CS. :grinning:

2 Likes