Nutrients problem

I’m thinking cal-meg deficient problem…Tried to find calmeg in town…Can’t find anywhere…
Somewhere on the web,I read that crushing a Tums tablet and desolve it in one gallon of water is good…Also adding a 1/4 teaspoon of Epson salt to the same gallon is Cal-Meg… I need feedback before I try this…

3 Likes

What kind of medium are you growing in? What is your ph of water you’re watering with? What kinda of nutes are you using? How often are you watering?

3 Likes

Growing in MG potting soil…
Soil PH is at 6.3…
Haven’t watered in 6 days…I think that I was over watering…Cheap moisture,light,ph tester states moisture is drying out deep down in pot…Thinking of watering real soon with cal-meg of some diy concoction.
OG k and the Jack H are rocking along fine…My troubles are with the two Bubblegums…I’m using MG plant food,1/4 teaspoon every other watering…I was watering twice a week…Also I add 1 tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses to 1 gallon every watering.

2 Likes

Just a rule of thumb but if you pick your containers up and they feel real light they probably need water.
You can use unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses for the Mag deficiency at 1 tsp per gallon water. It is really loaded with good stuff for your soil. Since i started using blackstrap my plants are doing wayyyy better. You will find it in some grocery stores next to pancake syrup.

2 Likes

Guess i responded while you were editing. How much are you watering each time twice a week sounds a little low.

2 Likes

You have nutrient issues. Can be cal/mag but since is MG soil, usually has enough cal/mag/sul/iron etc to support plant unless you have depleted. Evian water is calmag, crush eggs shells, add lemon juice or vinegar, shake vigorously multi times for 30 minutes min, lett settle, pour off solution, add to H2o - there is calcium. Mag - Epsom salts - 1 tsp per gal h20. There are your trace elements
I see phosphorus issue…can be not enough cal / mag to allow uptake of nutes but more likely ph is off (not in soil, in watering). Check ph of solution, temps, tds of nutes…need a good start point

2 Likes

Listen to the other guys about the nutrients but as far as watering goes I have big pots and I only water once every 5 to 7 Days 1 to 2 gallons at a time. So watering just depends on how big your container is and how often your plants ask for it.

3 Likes

The MG soil late in grow it has to much nitrogen when i use to use i would do alot triming so they burn up most of the nitrogen and feed with nutes with no nitrogen in it

1 Like