NPK values (nitrogen, phosphate, potassium)

@KriZm and yes. What survives and dies in the same environment and soil is dependent on genetics and root development etc so the ones that live should have stronger genetics.

As for the foliar feeding just mist lightly before lights on and you shouldn’t get any burning if you have good airflow.

As for the seedling you helped out of the shell that won’t usuallt affect rooting or other things unless you damage it. Some seeds are just super tough and don’t come off and it usually isn’t a problem unless the cotyledons are trapped. If they are I’ll remove the seed so it doesn’t block photosynthesis. I haven’t had any genetic issues from it. Only damage from my own doing if I don’t remove them properly.

2 Likes

@MDBuds I wanted to show you the differences in what’s occured in these seeds. I’ve lost 2, 1 I believe will survive, one is just doing I don’t know what ( which is why I’m here to share this) 1 is doing okay, the other is thriving.

What is this little girl doing on the back right?
Back left is showing its strength by fighting
2 middle - I’m curious about the Browning on the edges on the new growth. I calmed down my wind thinking it might be from wind burn but could also just be from the lights. The growth under the new growth, I misted the growth even though I knew not to because it would cause a little burn. Why did I still do that? It was before you confirmed to do it before or in dark period so maybe I jumped the gun.

When should I start LST and topping?
After 3-5 nodes?

Here’s the pic of that odd girl on the back right

Good morning! I’m trying to learn about the molasses & kelp feeding. My plants are Strawberry Cough Photo. They are in the 4th week of flowering. My Ph is up so I started using Earth Juice Hi-Brix last week. (1 Tbs. per gallon) because I believe I read molasses will help lower the ph. Now I’ve purchased liquid kelp. Here come the questions…if I mix the kelp and molasses together to feed, one raises the ph the other lowers it, so that might feed the plant but do nothing for the ph, right? Is it okay to make the mixture and if you don’t use it all right away, let it sit for a couple days before using the rest of it? Now…the last question…I’ve read vinegar will lower the Ph. If Ph is still high can I work the vinegar in somehow and still be ok with the feeding of molasses & kelp.

Whoops, I lied…another question. I’ve read that people will spray the plants with kelp…doesn’t that affect the bud taste?

Thank you for any help you can offer this old lady trying to learn new tricks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Kris…I make a foliar spray using organic kelp powder. I spray daily on my outdoor plants, up to 3 times a day. It does not effect flavor of the buds.
Ph up? In what, your soil or your feeding nutrients?
I would NOT ADD VINEGAR or LEMON JUICE to my substrate…Only takes a small amount to throw things WAY OFF and the result is ruination…Do not do it
Soil has an amazing ability to balance itself. If you are taking PH soil samples, that can be hard and not always a true indicator of the soils ph level. Try using litmus strips instead and do not rely on one of the PRONG Ph meter ph detectors.
Molasses…Get a one gallon water jug, add your 1 teaspoon, mix, use within 1 week. Sugar does not usually cause bacteria to grow but even when I make sugar solution for my humming birds, I change out about every 2 weeks. It is so cheap (based on 1 tsp per gal of h2o), keep it fresh and AERATED. Aeration will change ph. Solutions that sit have / get ph creep so check ALWAYS before watering
If you want to mix the kelp, do it at the TIME OF WATERING and then only save for 3 days…

3 Likes

Good morning Mike! I have a prong meter and no matter what pot I put it in the meter for Ph doesn’t move. I have ordered the strips as you suggested, they should be here in a couple days. Thanks for reaffirming that the prong meter isn’t worth shit.
Understood on the vinegar or lemon juice. So thankful for the help I receive here :slight_smile:
On the molasses, ‘aerated’? I guess the best I can do for that is to really shake it up…good to know it will last for a week. I make my own solution for the hummers as well, but I tend to change out more often…love those little guys!
It just seems so odd that I can spray something on the buds and it’s not going to affect the taste…but then there are a lot of things I don’t understand…LOL. Thanks for sharing your knowledge

Hummingbird feeder under each tiki umbrella, giving them plenty of space because they can get quite combative!

2 Likes

Beautiful yard there.

2 Likes

This little girl took over the territory (my entire yard…2 feeders. Her name is Ellie
She has been with me 3 years. We visit every day. She tries to fly in the house. I have a tent in my yard, she flies in it. When I am late with her feeder, she will fly on it as I try to hang it
Gee Kris,that is some yard…I live in the frikin desert…all beige…houses, dirt, walls, tan, tan, tan
I use my prong meter for MOISTURE levels…not ph. Do not believe it
Aeration …get a little cheap fish aquarium pump and a stone. In the summer, I put it in my TEA container (5 gal pail). stick the stone in a water can 10 minutes, test ph…water/feed

3 Likes

You spray 3 times a day? Light mist the entire plant ? How much spray do you go through?

The kept and mo mix, use within 3 days?

I made a 5 gallon batch and have been using it over the past 2 or 3 weeks. It seems to be fine? Maybe smells a little different but the plants seem to love it. Should I think about changing this?

Now what about aeration ? What are your aerating and what do you use the pump for ? This subject really interests me as I’m playing around with pumps, lines, auto feeding.

About testing the ph in soil, will the run off with a HM(brand) PH meter suffice to check the ph level and if it’s low of high perhaps adjust the water a little over or under to compensate ?

Thanks guys! Beautiful yard, cute ass birdy, happy growing!

1 Like

Kris, does this strain really smell of strawberries in the grow area?
Kyle kushman said he got a clone and was about to throw it away but smelled the scent of strawberries in the clone bag he brought it home in.
Does the strain live up to the story?

Plant looks beautiful!

1 Like

Interested in why you put the filter on the floor

Btw, when does using the foilage spray become beneficial? From seedling? Should I spray every day once it has a few nodes? Do you prefer to spray before lights on or after lights off?

I just fimmed for the first time today.

Thanks Mike!

1 Like

Thank you! This is just the side corner. We were in the process of replacing our old deck so when this pic was taken it wasn’t quite done.

2 Likes

LOL…that was just the back side yard…this is the other side. Lots of green and other colors.

I love the relationship you have with your hummer! I haven’t been so lucky. She looks fluffy…different then the ones we seem to have here in VA. Ellie sure is a cutie.

Slowly but surely I’m adding to my necessities for growing. Thank you so much for all the tips :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Christopher! Mine doesn’t…but I’m only into my 4th week of flowering so maybe that smell will develop later? Some of the stalks are red and that looks cool. This is my first grow (along with white widow auto) so I’m very anxious to to see how it ends up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wow. Wow wow for content.

1 Like

Thank you so much Jared! It’s a work in progress. When we moved here there were only huge gray rocks around the pool…I sure would love to plant cannabis plants around it but the flowers will have to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New batch of the 5 gallon mix. I hope it doesn’t hurt the plants keeping it in there for longer. Should I stop doing this and make it daily ?

Thought I’d show my new watering setup with 2 drip holes instead of the fat 1 drip hole. I haven’t tested it but thought I’d see what you guys think.

1 Like

Well I moved it around as the seasons change, it’s still cold here so need to keep the warm air in otherwise will be 60 degrees in the tent. During summer I switch it to the top otherwise will be above 80 degrees.

3 Likes

I figured that had something to do with it :ok_hand:
Thanks for the idea :grin::+1:

1 Like

2 Likes