Not sure how I’d categorize this…

I had to put this up here. I know it shouldn’t happen, and why, but I found 3 seeds in my harvest last October.
Just for giggles, I germinated them with a few left over from my first batch of seeds bought here @ Homegrown.
No shit they pushed a tap, and they are on their second set of leaves….doing well.
1st….how is that possible???
2nd….how is that possible???
3rd….how the hell did that happen???

No males Anywhere…… Someone please educate me!

Thanks in advance….

(Of course this opens the door for genuine knowledge as well as a comical quips…:laughing:)

1 Like

Did you happen to notice whether there was a particularly bright star in the East…?

3 Likes

Had the same thing happen to me was only one seed but I don’t think she’s going to do too bad here she is

2 Likes

Kinda exactly what I was thinking……:+1:t3:

GB

Lookin good :+1:t3:
Wonder if they will be females?
Hope someone has the scoop on this…

GB

1 Like

The mama probably snuck a nanner by you early enough to get viable seeds . . . if you didn’t see any male parts anywhere on the mama . . . and your neighbor over the hill and miles away didn’t air mail you some pollen that is.

Most likely the pollen came from the plant that produced the seeds. I can’t explain the science and don’t know correct terminology but here’s a layman’s term version:

Seems like all female plants have the capability of producing viable seeds from their own pollen if stressed in some way . . . some grow the little banana looking part of a male flower that has pollen on it inside of a bud, or you may see then sticking out of buds late in flower. From my limited experience growing them, as there is no actual male parts involved, seeds from those will be female.

If the plant had male parts then it’s hermaphrodite and seeds should be discarded. If you see male flowers (balls) they can be removed before they open without pollinating the buds . . . nanners spread pollen from the start.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s going to be a morphodite could be I’ve never had one that could see itself and you know it could just be survival of the fittest nature finds a way to reproduce

1 Like

Years ago I had 2 plants that produced 6 seeds between them . The next summer I planted them 4 survived , there was 2 females , 1 male and one hermi .
What I read was if you leave a plant to grow to long she will produce seeds on her own without being pollinated .
The one huge thing I learned was never pollinate a female with a hermi , you’ll end up with more hermi and male plants than females .

2 Likes

Very interesting Steve… thanks for commenting.
I learn something from every grow…The knowledge shared in here by the veteran growers is awesome. A great resource :+1:t3:

GB

Hey Ashley…I named them MARY 1,2…and 3.
I’ll post some pictures when can….
I believe they have to be either OG Kush or Jack Herer….either one is tasty :+1:t3:

Thanks for commenting :rofl:

So I just wanted to update you on my little plant I’m going to send pictures but look how small this planet is it’s not but about probably 20 days old and it’s already pre-flowering it’s crazy

a

1 Like

So I just like to get some feedback what do you think about it man I’m really new to this

This happens because you’ve let them bud a hair too Long which is good because the plant once it goes past a certain point thinks it’s going to die so it produces female seas so you have some of the seeds there that’s where the seed companies come up with this all their seeds if you had pulled your plants two weeks before you wouldn’t of had those seeds

Hey Todd…thanks for the reply.
You are correct. I waited too long because I was waiting for the 10-20% Trichome change. I felt I should have taken them 2weeks prior to when I did.
The plant gave me 3 seeds (I found a 4th yesterday) and they are exploding like they are on steroids.
The plant was a Jack Herer…and they (I had 2) had the most beautiful aroma I think I have ever smelled.
By the time I harvested, they had lost a lot of that.
This time I hope they are the same. I will take them if they are just cloudy. We grow/ we learn…:+1:t3:

(Mary 1,2,and 3) germinated 1/1/23

Greg

I Grew a Few Alien OG last Summer, Big Rain Storm came in 1st week of October, Plants were Close so I harvested 2 of the 3, the third I let withstand rain storm and harvested 2-weeks later. First Two hung, dried, Jarred and Cured, beautiful in all aspects. Third hung, dried and in Final Trim before jarring and curing found 4-5 seeds. Gave them to a friend and he germinated and veg’d all Females…I guess it’s the Delayed BOGO :blush:

2 Likes

That is pretty much exactly what happened to me. I accidentally broke off a heavy branch of nuggets a few weeks before harvest. It was much better than the Final Cut. Ya live…ya learn.
Thanks for your story…:+1:t3::+1:t3:

GB

just wanted to update on my mystery seed look the plants not even 5 in tall yet and look at all look at it it’s crazy

1 Like

Looks like my Puberty Face…