New here need help

Growing 1st time and I’m growing OGK and the leaves are turning yellow some …is it almost harvest time ?? I’m confused …thanks in advance

2 Likes

I have no answers, but those who do will want pics with natural light.

1 Like

@Blakjezuz looks like your OGK sprouted foxtails, mine did the same. Out of 8 seeds only one sprouted and it had foxtails on every bud…but it turned out to be a great end of night smoke.

2 Likes

Ok gotcha thanks and will do on pics … yours looks great…I’m trying to get there

Your leaves turning yellow close to harvest is perfectly natural. It’s a process called “senescence”. The plant has lived its life and it’s starting to show its “fall colors”.

Some cultivars can show purples and pinks and it can look quite stunning.

1 Like

So do I do as I been and just keep an eye on it …thank you kindly

1 Like

@Blakjezuz as @CurrDogg420 wrote your plant is showing a natural progression to end of life. So how old is this plant…have you looked at trichs yet?

3 Likes

You mean the clear salt looking on les es n buds … there crystallized…I planted on 6/22 so I’m new to this and will take any all advice please …THANK YOU

@retiredoldguy thank you I’m learning …I will take all advice n tips

@Blakjezuz I am pretty sure this is an auto flower, can you confirm this ???
If it is then it is time to harvest her.

1 Like

@retiredoldguy it was a regular seed nkt auto flower

2 Likes

My experience has been the foxtails develop late in the life cycle, and/or due to heat or too strong light.

Most of the auto-fem I’ve seen is about two weeks past the given time for my best results. For instance a critical purple that should finish in 10-12 weeks from germ ends as 12-14 weeks for me.

If you are going much past this time frame it could be costing you potency. The color of the resin glands, trichomes, is the key. Get a $100 microscope from Amazon or a couple of good mag glasses or jewelers loops. Watch the resin. You want the vast majority milky, not clear. I like about 20% amber myself. Surest method of picking at peak potency once you get the hang of it. About three crops should do it.

The key on autos is they have to pushed hard from the very beginning. They are going to finish in a certain amount of weeks. Period. Slow out of the shoot or a set back from over feeding or disease and you will lose weight. They are not forgiving of less than best conditions.

1 Like

@bubba I have a mag glass so what exactly am I looking for …I am a newbie :relieved:… I’m ready to move to next step but need advice…thank you

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 appreciate it …I’m gonna use that chart …wish me luck

2 Likes

The little bubbles on the ends of the resin glands. They look like drops of dew on the end of a stalk. They begin clear. As the plant matures they become cloudy or milk colored. Then, still later they will become amber. The plant is usually showing yellowing leaves at this point as well.

I can’t swear to it, but the more cloudy and less amber the more of an “up high”. More amber is a couch lock buzz. Pick when they are clear and you dont get the full THC potential. It is a critical step knowing when to harvest.

Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

@bubba I see amber and clear like in pic above nkt too milky but clear

The typical newbie grower, since at least as far back as the sixties learns by harvesting too soon. They dry their weed and the scales laugh. They smoke a big ass bowl to get mildly high, do the math, and realize the precious harvest isn’t going very far.
“But I saw the sugar” they’ll say.
Of course they did. Hint. The good optics are nice, they really are if you can make use of them.

But even with none of that, you have to learn to curb your enthusiasm and be patient. See sugar on an auto? Maybe you can’t see it but you notice not only the little sugar leaves, but even the stems are a bit sticky. Patience.
Maybe leaves yellow like a fall maple, maybe they don’t. Maybe the smell is dank af, or maybe the smell seems to have gone away mostly. In any event, if the buds are gett8ng fat, and a little side bud you gently squeeze is sticky af, you’re gett8ng closer. About that time some hairs will be orange, and some of the trichomes visible in an enlarged cellphone camera pic will be orange, and most will be dull, cloudy, not glassy shiny. That dull appearance probably means a bit of drying on the surface. Trust me when I tell you the Rasta in the blue mountains ain’t using no loupe. He uses his nose and his fingers to gauge the fat, sticky ital sacrament.

1 Like

@Northcountryguy awesome thank you I appreciate everything … I only have this 1 plant so om getting you all’s advice … I will definitely investigate more especially on the touch haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: