New here! Clear trichome question

I came here from a different forum. Actually because I binge listen to @Kronic ‘s podcast at work all day :wink:

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions. My plant hemied due to me misdiagnosing a deficiency and letting it run too long. I also stressed her out by clipping off some half dead leaves. This is only my second grow. First one had to get chopped early due to an unexpected move.

Anyway, I know breeder manufacturer times are a general guideline and shouldn’t be relied on. But the guideline they gave me would put my girl being ready for harvest on December 9th. It’s now the 28th and trichomes are still clear. There are some cloudy, but I’m not sure if I should let her keep ripening, or to give her the chop. She has a lot of pollen sacks at this point and I don’t want seeds to fully develop. I noticed the first pollen sack 2 weeks ago.

Strain is Blue Dream Auto
Growing in coco coir/perlite using the autopot system
Running two HLG 300L Rspec lights
Humidity stays between 45-55
6 inch AC infinity inline/carbon filter with controller
4x4 Mars Hydro tent
General Hydroponics trio

1 Like

I had Blue Dream auto seeds that estimated 10-14 weeks flower. I quit autos before I ever tried growing them so no personal experience. How many days since you saw first pistils?

Have you noticed a decrease in nutrient uptake? Autopots are outside my wheelhouse so I’m not even sure how you use them with coco.

I can’t see much in the pic, it’s a bit blurry and so are my eyes so I couldn’t advise either way based on it.

She seems to be taking in nutrients fine… a bunch of bud growth has exploded at the bottom of the plant all of a sudden though. Big buds showing up so idk what she’s doing haha. I’ll have to just let it ride I guess :grimacing:

Keep an eye on trichs . . . can go cloudy fast in late flower. With new growth on lowers you might want to do a staggered harvest depending on bud mass.

1 Like

I thought about that but I don’t have anywhere to dry them but in the same tent yet :confused:

Just a thought, but a cardboard box will do fine for drying if your tent is otherwise occupied.

1 Like

Without having control over humidity and temp like in the tent?

It’s like 30 degrees Fahrenheit in my garage. Maybe letting it dry in a box in the garage would prevent mold?

if you can get close to 60/60 temp and humidity you’ll be fine. Lot of ways to pull it off, use a Styrofoam cooler rather than cardboard to keep heat in . . . put box in a closet or spot inside for the 7-10 days you’ll need a drying box, duct warmer tent exhaust through dry box (box in box setup), heating mat, etc.

I even dried some hanging in a filing cabinet drawer one time . . . worked pretty well with dowels across those metal rail things for hanging folders . . . but don’t try using the little metal strips that come in the folders as they’ll bend.

Nice thanks man! I’m going to attempt this :sunglasses: