New here and these are my strains for medical

Haven’t been on a cannabis forum for 15 - 20 years, so thought, why not, gets me off of facebook.
Been growing for 25 to 30 years. Had been primarily doing it indoors, but decided to grow outdoors and finish the last few weeks indoor. Work so much better on my pocket book.
The medical strain I have been growing is bio diesel #2.

Smoking it’s a bit potent, and my body doesn’t do well with it for smoke, but for home made salve, it’s the best.
Recently I wanted to get back to my good strain days of northern lights and c99. I was one of the first to purchase c99 back in the day, and when I saw that mr. Soul still sold her, I couldn’t pass it up. I had created a northern lights x c99 strain which was perfect, so this is my goal for the new year. This year can suck it.
So, I make a heavy thc salve for my arthritis, and I also am growing a hemp cbd strain named harlequin for my oral pain oil since I cannot take thc product orally.
Anyways.

2 Likes

Hi Mauireen, thank you for your contribution. We do ask that you limit product links to Homegrown Cannabis Co. strains please, as this is the community website for our seed website.

We have a selection of medical strains listed on our website:

https://homegrowncannabisco.com/cannabis-seeds-rooms/medical-marijuana-strains

My particular recommendation (depending on your ailments) is this:

https://homegrowncannabisco.com/cannabis-seeds-rooms/medical-marijuana-strains/cbd-girl-scout-cookies-feminized-marijuana-seeds

I have purchase NL and am waiting for it to arrive.

1 Like

Hello @MizzMo welcome, I am wanting to try to make a salve for arthritis and joint pain myself could you share how you do that? and do I need to buy presses and all that kind of stuff?

Here is my recipe for my salve.

My Cannabis Salve

12 - 18 gms of dried bud

(since I add other oils and butters I use more bud)

12 oz Virgin coconut oil

1 oz Shea butter or unrefined cocoa butter

1 Tbsp vitamin E oil

1 oz+ Bees wax pellets

1 tsp + Fragerance oil of your choice

5, 5oz mason or ball canning jars, cleaned.

Most recipes call for a ratio of 1:1 of 1 gm dried bud to 1 oz of virgin coconut oil. I use 2 - 3 gms dried bud to 1 oz coconut oil.

Begin~

Crumble the dryed bud into a glass pan. bake on top rack on 250* for 15 - 20 minutes until toasted, but not burned. Stir it around to make sure it’s evenly baked. Remove from oven. Crumble it down to a almost powder.

Put 12 oz of virgin coconut oil in steel pan on lowest setting on stove, put crumbled pot in the oil, stir and cook on very low for a couple of hours, stiring every 10 - 15 minutes, making sure it does not burn. Oil may evaporate some.

Once oil is totally infused into the oil, I pull off burner, and get a large straining spoon, scoop out the cook bud, the spoon will have holes in it, take another large spoon and press the oil out of the bud back into the pan of infused oil, and dump cooked bud into a bowl to dump later. Do that until you get as much of the chunks out. From there you can use a cheese cloth of knee high stocking and strain the rest of the oil into another saucepan. Strain it again if it still seems to have sedimet left.

Put strained oil back on stove on the lowest setting, and when it gets warm, put the shea or cocoa butter in the pan, stir it til it melts. Put in your vitamin E oil, then add your 1 oz of bees wax pellets. Stir until it is completely dissolved and melted, then add your fragerance oil. Add a few more drops of fragerance oil you like it. Once all melted and blended, turn burner off and set on another burner to cool.

Since we add a bit more of other additives, you may have to adjust your bees wax to the right consistancy. In warmer climates you’ll want more bees wax. Let the salve cool completely, could take hours depoending on temp of home. I like mine as hard as ice cream. If its too soft, place it

back on the stove, heat it up, and add another half a cup of bees wax, melt it and stir well.

Repeat cool down and test again. If the consistancy is where you want it, heat it back up and fill your jars. It won’t take long to cool down and harden, put the lids on, and enjoy. You will probably get almost 5, 5 oz mason jars of salve.

1 Like

Awesome thank you very much @MizzMo I believe even I can follow these instructions. I’m going to give this a try soon as my buds dry which should be 2 to 4 weeks depending on when I harvest. I’ll let you know how it goes again thank you and enjoy the form

Im really looking forward to buying from this company. I have heard great things about their seed banks. Super excited