New Guy grows blackberry auto

Hello to ALL. I’m new here and waiting for some HG BLACKBERRY AUTO SEEDS to arrive today. Anyway I grow in a one meter square tent with an HLG 350R supplementing with the UVA 30. The small space is only temporary for the big light but it works very well. Can’t decide on dropping any because we potentially have a move coming in the near future. Nice to be here and can’t wait to see how growing “real” seeds Will turn out. I’ve only grown bag seeds until now.

2 Likes

Welcome @Ironman26 to the forum!

Expensive light system you have there, looked it up on web and it’s like $550 for the 350R and $180 for the 30 UVA! Should grow like crazy in a 3x3 tent!

By “bag seeds”, I presume you mean found seeds off street bud (or dispensary), as opposed to purchased, feminized or autoflower seeds?

You planning on soil, DWC, or ??? Organic or not?

Also presume you’re a fellow Canuck since you have a metric tent!

My entire setup only cost me $640 Canadian…under $500 US and consists of the following:

Grand Total: CDN$ 637.45

1 of: HollandStar X6 COB LED Grow Light 1800W Full Spectrum Sunshine Plant Light, for Growing Vegetables,Flowers,with ON/Off Switch and Dasiy Chain CDN$ 139.99

1 of: iPower 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter, 12 Inch Length Odor Control Charcoal Filter, Prefilter Included, Reversible Flange CDN$ 60.04

1 of: AC Infinity Flexible 4-Inch Aluminum Ducting, Heavy-Duty Four-Layer Protection, 8-Feet Long for Heating Cooling Ventilation and Exhaust CDN$ 15.99

1 of: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller - Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics CDN$ 159.00

1 of: FosPower Timer Outlet [ETL Listed] 125V/15A LCD Digital Indoor Outlet Timer, 7 Day Programmable Timer with 2 AC Plug Capacity for Lights, Lamps, Fans & Electrical Outlets (2 Pack) CDN$ 24.99

1 of: VIVOSUN Horticulture 48"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Obeservation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 4’ x4’ CDN$ 165.99

I’ve also added a small fan and a small heater, $20 each. Since I’m only allowed 4 plants at a time, didn’t want to break the bank, especially now you can get good bud for $100 oz up here! Hindsight tells me for the extra $30, I should have gotten the 5x5 tent.

1 Like

I intend on having more space to grow in the near future so I decided to go all out I on lighting up front. It’s already paid for itself anyway. I figured i can dim the light if I run into plants that don’t handle high light environments so well. I’m actually growing one now that absolutely will not grow under very high PPFD yet under low to mid levels and it grows like crazy. I’ve grown a couple in there that I never dimmed it any and had perfectly healthy plants. Just goes to show how each plant can be different. Thanks for the welcome by the way. I’m actually quite a bit south from you my friend. Actually in “unfriendly” territory but they can kiss my rear. I’m growing my own for me and only me.

3 Likes

I’m experiencing a minor issue with a deficiency I can’t get nailed down. My older leaves have orange and brown spots on them and eventually curl up and die. The buds still look great but my plants look like croton plants with all the spots on the leaves. I’m leaning towards P deficient but I’ve dosed them quite heavy with a 10% phosphorus fertilizer and it and seemed to hold off the spots for about a week…