New grower need help 911

This is my whitw widow auto plant that’s 21 days old. I sniped some of the fan leafs off but it seems a bit small you all tell me?

White widow from homegrown. Soil coco perlite mix, rh 65 temp 75 to 80. Soil ph 6.5. Watered on Monday ppm was 450 with a ph of 6not sure what’s going on homegrown states the plant will only get to 3.6 feet tall growing indoors

1 Like

I watered it on Monday with nutes

Good Evening! I am a beginner myself. Currently on my 4th grow. 1st 2 grows have been autos. They came out pretty good. Grew both of those at the same time, was a bit of a challenge as a 1st grow. Now I just try one at a time and so far so good.
I can see right off that your plant looks pretty healthy. I don’t think I would of trimmed any fan leaves off seeing how young the plant is. They need as much of them there solar panels as possible as young-uns… lots of growing still yet to do…
I’d keep looking after it like you’ve been and I am sure she’ll do just fine. Patience is key. It’s a slow process. My blueberry auto took over 125 days.
Keep us updated!

Drop your pH slightly, don’t throw so many “nutes” @ it yet., watch your not overwatering.

So drop ppm to 250 to 300?

I had to water today so I only used water with about 10 to 20 % run off. I will water again Monday or Tuesday with nutes and only do 300 ppm and us my ph down powder to bring it to 6.2 to 6.3. Maybe you can tell me what’s going on here see pic below.

SO many things…you are in coco but you don’t go into any detail as to the brand or bricks or what? Your rh is kinda low for this stage of growth. Temps seem good though. You are not using soil…you are growing hydroponically. Since you are growing in coco coir, and thus hydroponic, you should really be aiming for a ph of 5.8 which would be ideal. Do not worry about run off. The plant itself looks as though it has nutrient burn, but upon closer inspection your lights might be too close. This is possibly why your plant is so squished? Hard to tell anything for sure without more information though. What height is your light from your plant? What kind of light? More info on your coco and nutrients would help as well.

Forgive me I am on fox farms ocean forest 60% 35 % coco 5 % perlite. Plant is 21 days old 22 now, rh has been kept between 65% to 75% temp hovers between 75 to 80 depending on time of day. DLI is27 light is 2 feet 8 inches above the plant. I am on a 18/6 ligh schedule. Botttom feeding . Growing in a 4x4x80 using a mars hydro fce 4800 led light. Hopes this helps. Will also say i bought the seeds of homegrown cannabis and in the description they say the plant will only get to 3.6 feet tall

I’ve grown several White Widows. They do tend to be short and bushy. Yours looks typical. I wouldn’t worry, it’ll start to stretch soon enough

The nutes are fine. Classic under water/ overwater. That’s the fruit of small pots. It can never get in a rythem and hit her stride.

You pretty much need to be dialed through stretch with an auto or you will end up with a shorty.

Very light newts through seedling… many go to hard here. And keep the rh up and the light intensity down. Once they have their third set of leaves make sure the water is getting to the bottom of the roots without water logging her.

If you cant get a strong growing seedling your auto will mostl likely be tiny.

White Widow is a a pretty good sized auto 30-40”. Depending on genes and should stretch and bush like a sativa typically does… see what she does in strectch as she looks healthy enough.

1 Like