New grower. Looking to for tips

Lotus nutrients have a carbo flush powder

Well things haven’t improved at all. Flushed my ppms to 1400-1600. PH of run off is at 6.0-6.3…

should I just start over?

I wouldn’t start over since they are photos…. Just nurse them back to health, transplant (if you’re going to)) and then flip then once they are raging healthy and consuming water.

Personally I would just forget about ph for now…that’s not your problem although small pots can be more problematic with ph even in organic grows. Your girl is deficient and not receiving what she needs to recover.

I would start with a simple compost tea (in this case I would definitely add worm castings to my brew for the micro nutrient value. I would also add a teaspoon of Big6 Micros (whatever cal/mag you have)1/2 tsp/gal molasses. I wouldn’t add too much more than that at this point. Aerate and cover loosely overnight. By morning should be super foamy and ready to feed. For a 3 gal pot I would water in about 1/3 -1/2 gal depending on drynes. Put all the ingredients in a filter bag before adding to the water.

She should start perking up within a day or two. I would also make sure the light is comfy for her until she’s back to health. I would pluck the worst leaves but leave some of the deficient ones so you can measure how fast they degrade or if they stop. All the new growth should be healthy if you’ve corrected the deficiency.

If she didn’t recover within a few days I would transplant her, inspect/treat the roots into a bigger pot with a full spectrum of nutrients in it in ratios leaning towards flower…. Or toss her depending on what the roots looked like.

This is the problem with feeding in nutes with water for new growers. By the time the plant is showing deficiencies you are chasing your tail. Big pots not only allow you to stuff more than enough ammendments to basically take your transplanted plant to the end of her life with water only… but it adds massive stability…. So things like ph are never an issue. Organic growers do not ph but I can tell you no matter what I do my run off will be about 5.8 +/-1.

When you learn to grow organically in living soil and adequate sized pots, your tent will be lush and deficient free cycle after cycle from seed to harvest every time. And all you have to do is dump a gallon of water down the tube when the bottoms dry… you literally cannot screw it up.

1 Like

I will give it a try with your recommendations… If I don’t see an improvement in a week or two i’ll pull the plug.

Just bought some Pineapple Muffin Auto seeds from Humboldt that I will pop if this grow fails…. and I will invest in bigger pots and organics…

1 Like

Go straight to the Earth Box, its a game changer as @laf6502 says. :yin_yang: Living Soil :100:

That sounds good… You could always get the Pineapple Muffin Going just in case.

Your photo period is not just deficient in micro nutrients, it is lacking the big boys - NPK. Look at the color of the plant. It is starving and probably locked out and having trouble uptaking nutrients.

I would probably go straight to transplant into a nutrient filled pot so I could treat the roots. Water her in with some microbial support and give her a week and see if she rebounds. Remember, if you do living soil correctly, the plant is only uptaking what it wants so you can keep it full and balanced… No more chasing your tail after 4-6 weeks of work.

1 Like

I was thinking about getting an auto pot to really maximize my laziness lol…

1 Like

Lol, i feel you! They have the larger one avail now! I have seen Jeremy Silva use them on you tube! Buildasoil on you-tube he uses EB too for comparison in living soil. Check him out 5 seasons

what’s your compost tea recipe? all the ratios online are super vague.

Personally, I think the Earthbox crushes the auto pot xl. It is perfect for autos.

It varies depending on needs. I use about 1/2 cup worm castings per gallon of water and 1/2 tsp/ gal molasses, a dab of root wise or recharge. I don’t like using much more than that if the plant is sick.

Ok cool. Don’t have recharge. Will
Fish shit work instead?

Yes… small amounts though. I think worm castings gives you a broader spectrum and the micro nutrient value will be greater.

You could just brew worm castings by themselves if that’s all you have and it will work fine.

I have molasses, fish shit, worm castings, silica, dolomite. BAS Mineral Kit for Peat… Plus fox farm trio and the uber nutrients and pyro k

build a soil is pretty expensive… Shipping alone is 137$… Wish a had a coupon code or something like that

final thoughts?

@Chasworks @laf6502 @frogyrogy

Auto pots or Earth boxes? I’m
going to pull the trigger tonight on one of them!

Probably going to focus on autos for awhile. Especially with a kid on the way

2 Likes

I went with the Earth boxes, changed the game for me! :yin_yang: Build a Soil doesn’t ship out the country! So i use whats avail to me! Using the build a soil method for EB’s

1 Like

Are you growing autos only?

Last grow was my first Auto run, i dropped 5 end up with 4. I am back to my roots this grow with a photo fem from seed, took multiple cuttings want 7 Clone run indoors & Mother plant out doors! :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check:

Taking yours and @laf6502 lead!

Going to order:

and 3 of these

My fems are on the mend. Transplanted to FFOF in 10gal bags this weekend and cutting with Perlite.
Next grow will be autos with the BAS stuff.

2 Likes