New Grower hoping somebody can help identify this Strain

Hi new to the community just got new seeds from Homegrown today I’ve planted Girl Scout Cookies Auto Flower and Gelato feminized looking forward to seeing how these turn out will update on those as well. I am in the 4th week into flower with these non homegrown seeds I got from a friend. Wondering if anybody can identify the strain. This is the first time I’ve seen buds since I starting growing this about the 4th plant I’ve tried(Cold temperatures and male plants) Also I’m still new to this if you see anything i could be doing different or any problems like mold or anything rotten please let me know any help is Appreciated

!

3 Likes

Hi Aaron!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to meet you.

Is it possible that you could change the light to normal? Sometimes the colors make it hard to figure out.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s the ticket, change the lights. Give a closeup and a wide shot. Need to see the whole plant.
Leaves look broad, like Indica but photos can be deceiving, need to see the plant to see the node spacing. We do not care about the flowers, they all look the same in the beginning. Describe - age, width, height, how many branches. If you are just starting to see flowers, what is your light schedule. Knowing if you went to 12/12 or not can identify if it is an Auto or Photo. You may have an idea or some strains it might be. Ask whomever you got the seed from if they know anything. What region of the country are you in. Dick Tracy on the case man

5 Likes

Sorry for the late response I started 12/12 about a month and a week into growing the plant I’m working in a smaller tent so I went a little earlier then I’ve done before. The plants are both between 35-37 inches in height 11-13 inches in width. I’m in New York friend gets seeds from all types of buds from California and New York as well doesn’t know which actual strain. He got them from over time just collecting them. Hopefully these pictures help the lighting I have in this room is pretty terrible and I don’t have a lamp I could put inside the tent for better pictures

2 Likes

All I can say is that’s definitely a hybrid. What does it smell like?

Why do you say it’s a hybrid ?

@RecWeedTony the fan leaves. It has hybrid leaves. Some broad and indica like and some thinner and finger like with different “seration” on the edges.

It also has sativa style node spacing but what appear to be tighter indica buds so it’s probably an indica dominant hybrid.

5 Likes

Definitely doesn’t smell fruity or anything if I had to compare it to something I’ve smoked kush type of smell

2 Likes

Interesting . I will pay attention to them key points on my next run. Thanks

1 Like

@IraSpaunsble it does look like a kush to me but there are so many kush hybrids these days it’s almost impossible to guess the strain. You need full lab tests and terpene profiles damn near. :joy:

2 Likes

Knowing nothing about terpene profile. I would say a dead ringer for the w coast sour diesels I did for awhile around 2010.

The east coast stuff looked shorter and more compact. More indica leaning. I guess that’s why they called it chemdog even though it smells the same as sour diesel to me anyway. That looks more Sativa stretchy.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @IraSpaunsble, there are wonderful people here to help you. Don’t hesitate to ask questions but most of all visit the topics too. Good luck growing!

1 Like

This is week 5 of flowering week 6 starts Monday my original plan was to flush at 6 weeks then be able to harvest at 8 but it looks like it could use more time before I do that. Let me know what you think.

2 Likes

@IraSpaunsble what substrate are you using? Are you using organic or synthetic nutrients?

Using organic soil conditioner fish shit and 6.5-7.0 ph water

@IraSpaunsble no need to flush then. Just cut back and lower feedings and the last two weeks no nutes just water and molasses if you use it.

1 Like

Haven’t heard of using molasses but will do still experimenting so probably gonna use molasses and water on one plant. Just water for the last two weeks on the other to see the differences when it’s time.

2 Likes

@IraSpaunsble black strap or hi-brix molasses is a good source of sugars and micros. It helps a lot with flower and keeping the microbiome alive and healthy for better nutrient uptake and increased growth/yields.

3 Likes

Okay and should I be putting this in weekly like the nutrients and could I mix in molasses and my nutrients in the same water

2 Likes

@IraSpaunsble yeah I use it every watering and feeding from seed up until harvest. 1 tsp per gallon.

2 Likes