New grow lsd and thc bomb

newby here When I sprouted my seedlings I had weak lights and they stretched 4 or 5 inches. I am supporting them and they are growing but I am concerned the stems will not hold the weight of the plant. Anything I can do?

1 Like

@MoOG first lower or upgrade your light. You can fill in the pot with extra soil if there is space or you can transplant it deeper in a new pot. As for nutrients to help making sure you have the right NPK for each stage and keeping your micros like silica and magnesium in range will help a lot too.

Here is my thought. I have had times where the stems were thin and falling over. I tried adding more medium (soil / coco / etc) but they usually died after watering. I had some outdoor stuff going and I took some leaves and crumbled them up and surrounded the stem to support it and it worked great. In my tent, not having any leaves, I crumpled up paper and did the same thing. I was able to cover the entire stem up to the leaves and it worked great. Got the fan going to strengthen them and light in the right position, added a little more blue spectrum and all fixed

1 Like

Thanks I have new lights and they are sufficient. my soil is good foxfarm ocean forest and living soil auto nutrients. PH is right on. I wasn’t sure about adding soil up the stem. I will try that how close to the leaf can I get?

1 Like

@MoOG I’d leave 2 to 3 inches of space between the top soil and the bottom leaves so you can still get decent airflow. @Mrb53004 suggestion about making sure you have a fan will help strengthen the meristem and side branches too.

4 Likes

I recently posted for info on stretching I followed advice and got inventive on my own. I am going to post some pics of one of my plants because I have a couple of questions. 1. there is some spotting on some leaves. I am using ffof and autoflower living soil. PH is 6.4 to 6.8. light is 18" above top of plant. 2 I want to bend it so as to get more bud sights there is a pic of the stem should I bend now or wait?

Bend now or the stem can get too stiff. Make sure you have it supported before you bend. Sometimes I bend a little each day. You do not have to drink the ocean, just a cup at a time will get it done. I LST almost all my auto’s. You can tell when you should not and just let them alone.

Best wishes for a fruitful New Year

2 Likes

Thank you the bend went well I believe. Any thoughts on the leaves? And a happy and productive New Year to yousir

I try (TRY - big word) to tuck on autos, defoliate on photo. It is the same thing, you get to know your kids…some are stronger than others and can take more discipline. I have defoliated auto successfully but remember, know your strain, your genus and what the outcome will be if they stress out

Thank you I bent my lsd today. No signs of stress. I did tuck some leaves. Thanks for your help

1 Like

so the girls are 2 days from 6 weeks old. all are supposedly autos. I want to post some pics hoping someone can tell me where they are at thanks #1 is lsd the other 3 are thc bomb[Uploading: 20210112_15594421.jpg…](

actually 4 is the lsd

Do you use the Homegrown standard pack for you feeding through your grow?

Just recently been doing research and found that when your seedlings are stretching too much to kind of lay the stem into the pot and then and wrap them to the point where you would like to continue growing from and cover the excess stalk in soil to make the seedling the proper height if that makes any sense. Not sure if this works btw but will be trying it if I come across this issue. I used to just build up soil around the stalk to support it