Neem oil during flower

So I’m day 3 in flowering I noticed bug bites on leaves. All I have is neem oil right now until I get something that I cab use during flower. Will neem oil effect my quality only 3 days in flower?

1 Like

When I use neem, I can still smell it on fan leaves that it was in contact with when pruning them off much later. I personally would not. The damage in your pic seemed minor to me, unless the whole plant was like that.

3 Likes

Ok it was just a few leaves and the one in the pic was the worst one. I was just concerned about flowering for 70 days without treatment. Don’t want to get a infestation.

2 Likes

Try to use azadirachtin

1 Like

I use 2 tsp of Dawn with a gallon of water and use a spray pump to completely cover the ENTIRE plant, including under the leaves. I had a aphid problem, I say had, completely gone. I spray once a week, and I’m in my 5 to week of flower. Use any color Dawn dish soap, 2 tsp per gallon. Bugs don’t like the soap, but it’s completely biodegradable and does not linger in the bud.

Try it, it’s cheap and very effective.

CHOPPS

1 Like

i WOULD never USE NEEM OR ANY OTHER OIL once in flower. Neem is now on the hit list for certain states…not comfortable with it any more. Are you indoors or out? post pics of the bug bites…check the undersides of the leaves, look in the soil for crawlies…if you got bugs, you will see something unless it is like grasshoppers or leaf hoppers, white flies (in the early am) vising for a snack. Azadirachtin, a substance extracted from neem seeds, is the primary insecticidal compound found in neem oil. If you have your own neem plants, maybe but the processing behind it is awful.
With the current state of organic compounds using nano micelle solutions, I just cant see using any of the oil / processed products. Especially at flower time…doesn;t take much to leave an aftertaste, change bud drying / curing process

4 Likes

It’s a indoor plants. I won’t be using neem oil anymore. I found about 5 or 6 leaves with bite marks but not as bad as one in the pic. Do you think it’ll leave after taste or any other affects with it only being 3 days into flower?

1 Like

That doesn’t look like bug damage to me @Garden420 did you find anything

1 Like

I had an Aphid issue but took care of it quickly. I spray a combo of Dawn soap and water mix every week. Since I’ve started ABSOLUTELY NO BUGS, EGGS, no signs at all. I think it’s a Cal/Mag issue. I don’t think I was hitting the lower roots. She’s in a 7gal grow bag; even watering I was using about 2gal, figured out I needed at least 3 1/2gal or more to fully saturate the soil. I watered/fed her yesterday with about 4gal, so I’ll monitor. She’s otherwise a very healthy girl.

3 Likes

Yes she’s beautiful your in about same flowering stage im in on one i have on my deck

1 Like

Until recently I had spider mites, and I would regularly spray both neem and azamax in flower. But upon harvest I would thoroughly rinse the buds in a 5 gallon bucket of water, then place them in another 5 gallon bucket with a little water in the bottom to let them dry. That got rid of any residue and bad taste.

1 Like

I have an aphid issue as well- I just tried using Dawn 1 table spoon to 64 oz

How often do you spray your plants? I am in 4th week of flowering and APHIDS suck!

Can I spray plants daily?

Thanks

Tinman,

I’d say spray as needed… having said that, I sprayed once a week to start. When you spray, you have to spray EVERYTHING, SOAK THE PLANT, even under the leaves, lil fuckers like to hide under there. The soap is biodegradable and does not hurt the plant. It kills the Aphids, and the eggs. You’re the best one to know how often to spray, if after spraying they linger, hit em again. I would just make sure that your parts per is correct, but once a week worked for me.
Good luck!

CHOPPS