Need strain of a Gorgeous Lady

I’m wanting to grow a really pretty colorful plant…I’ve seen some of the seed banks photos of really colorful plants…That’s all good and well…But I would like a name strain from a grower who actually has grown one…It would be nice to grow a really colorful lady for my outside grow

3 Likes

@Wildbill it’s hard to get colors in an outside grow where you can’t control the environment because color is expressed by a combination of temperature, humidity, and exposure to UV-a and UV-b.

So first what zone are you growing in and what are the average temperatures between October and November?

3 Likes

Following for knowledge.

2 Likes

What was I thinking!!!Outdoor colorful plant. You are right…I live 30 miles SE of Austin Tx…Zone 8…last spring started really well…It rained at the right time and the temps were nice and warm…75 - 85…The plants loved it…Then along came August and September…Some real scorching hot days…Buds cooking on the branches…
Humidity can get high at times during summer…But on average it’s in the 45 to 60% range…
So how about an inside colorful plant…Prefer to grow auto, but will grow photo if I have to…The light is a 250W LED and the temp 73 day - 65 night…Humidity is 50 to 60%… I just really want to try and grow a pretty plant in a basic setup

1 Like

GDP - if you can control the Rh, GranDaddyPurp is a great grow. As she reaches the last half of flowering, start chilling your water. Lower the water temp by 5 deg each time you water till you get close to 50. The cold water will slow down nutrient uptake so let her dry out between watering. You can add frozen gallon jugs to lower ambient temps and keep water at 70ish and you will not affect nutrient uptake. Get nighttime temp down to around 55-60 and you will see colors bloom. Make sure you got your UVA/UVB bulb, even a small 25w will do

1 Like

Will this method work for Hawaii Purple Skunk, too?

1 Like

Sorry but this is not a very colorful strain. Most warm climate plants do not develop deep colors. When you get to high altitude plants, the colors represent the plants ability to protect itself from the harsher environment

4 Likes

Thanks Mike for helping me out…

1 Like