Need help please! Brown spots and loss of color

@Skysthelimit if you’re using soil as just a substrate and feeding with liquid nutes you can flush. You do need to PH feedings though. If it is nutrient lock from low ph issues causing PK surplus (which is pretty common for new growers) the easiest and best way to bring ph back up into healthy ranges and give a dose of calcium too is to top dress and treat with dolomite lime.

3 Likes

Thank you for all the help @MDBuds I read your post and ran down and did what you suggested I’ll keep you posted :v:t3:

3 Likes

@MDBuds is pretty awesome with the fixes. @Skysthelimit, I hope you post updated pictures once they are fixed up.

2 Likes

I certainly will and I definitely agree with you @kmac03 and every one here is very helpful and easy to get along with.

2 Likes

Oh crap. @Skysthelimit I super apologize, I skipped right over the living soil part. I have flushed my living soil before to get rid of a nitrogen toxicity and soil was to hot simply because I made the noob mistake of transplanting in the soil to soon

1 Like

No problem at all @LuckilyCharmed I think I have it back under control fingers crossed I’ll post some new pics if everything works out if not I’ll screenshot someone else’s monster blue and post that instead :joy: just kidding. Thanks again for all your help

@LuckilyCharmed I had read something online that you can run organic nutes on top of hot soil if done in half strength so I figured I would try that, well the saying don’t believe everything you read online comes to mind because that happened almost overnight and she lost all her color and the brown spots started showing up! Serves me right for wanting too much too fast. Slow and steady wins the race right!

Hahaha! Wuuuttt?? Say it isn’t so? People actually use other people’s pictures as theirs? My, my, what a world. :rofl:

soooo lol That’s the exact same thing I did too lmfao.
Guess what though, it was a mistake, and you learned something from it. Don’t let it bother ya. Someone wise once told me… “These plants are resilient.” and they will forgive you if ya love them a little bit. Just never be afraid to ask questions if you’re unsure before you do something. We’re all learning something from one another :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great post! I lost track of that one, too.

Soo true and you are absolutely right and I have learned quite a lot from the people here and books and online heck I just ordered 4 books from eBay last night and I’m sure they’re going to flag my account :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: oh well I don’t care lol!!

I’m pretty sure they don’t care either, My Friend. If you are in the U.S., it passed the Senate to dereg and I’m pretty sure there are better things to be watching rather than the likes of us. Just do what you have to do to take care of you, no matter what form or fashion that takes.

Skysthelimit I never feed more than 1/3 of the dose that the nutrients company calls for they’re in business to sell their product. I have grown for a little bit and have found that dose to get the best results. Always ph in soil you want to be in the 6-7 ph range I don’t try to get the same number every time I water or feed. I don’t ever feed autos they don’t need it. Very tough little girls and such a short time for them to get over the shock. Hope this helps you. Stay safe and grow happy. Best Regards. Robert

1 Like

Hello. I’ve read most of this tread and I’ll tell you a few things.
I’ve been growing autos for a few years now and I have had… and am currently having the same problem.
I too use natures living soil. With ffof.

This is a calcium def.
Water with some calmag and in a week you should start seeing things get better.

I only have this problem when I use poor soil OR I forget to add micronutrients.

Feed the soil…not the plant.

I’ll post pics in the morning of my blueberry autos and they’re recovery from Calcium def.
:smiley:

4 Likes

Awesome @SeenDog thank you I will give her some cal/mag right now :v:t3:

Here we focus on the left and right plants.
Both blueberry auto at about 10 weeks from seed.
Both showed signs of calcium def about 2 weeks ago.
Waterd with calmag PHed to about 6.8
As you can see one has recovered and the other is still struggling.
Now I’m not too worried since they’re this far along. But I am watching VERY closely to see if it worsens. If this were to have happened when they were younger (preflower) I would have calcrab floral sprayed. Spray works faster then adding to water.

My recipe for success ; coast of maine stonington
Natures living soil
PH distilled water
Micronutrients
If I have to add anything but micro i most likely didn’t put enough living soil… feed the microbes that help the plant eat.

Autos don’t like too many nutes at one time, but if you have a big plant they eat them up fast.
Meaning use a weak solution more often.

Hope any of this helps.

3 Likes

Do you mist the plants at all, what is your rh, have you rubbed the spots to see if the come off (rust)?
Here are some pics of issues
Mg deficiency image
Ph fluctuations image
The one it most looks like - Phosphorus deficiency image

@Skysthelimit do you have an update for us? I have been wondering how your plants turned out.

1 Like

@Jared I’m very sorry I have so many things going on at once I forget which way is up any more😳 yes as soon as I changed the nutrients and gave it more phosphorus and cal/mag it cleared right up. I also found the book that you have and purchased it and rely on it a lot. It’s a really good book. Thank you for all the help.

1 Like

What nutes did you give it to bounce back?

I have been using Natures Living Soil effectively so far, but JUST planted new seeds in Coast of Maine + NLS. Prior to this I had been mixing it into Fox Farm OF.

Had you been giving it any compost teas or top dressing?
I’d love to hear any info you can give me here since my new soil mix is pretty much exactly what you’re describing here.

Thanks in advance!
Hope your plants harvested well!