My seedlings are stretching

My seedlings are stretching I’m going to transplant them into bigger pot silly question but how do I slow their stretching?

2 Likes

stretch is for a few reasons = too hot, light is too far away, type of light/s…and Sativa dominant. Blue light spectrum helps reduce stretch too as too much red will make them stretch as seedlings / sprouts

1 Like

Seedlings are delicate u can lower the light but watch heat & put a fan blowing on light. Fan off at night… can also use a small oscillating fan blowing on the stem. Bend the seedling very slightly pin it down can use a bread tie even. Can also cut a clear water bottle in half where it’s going to be smaller than the seedling but not much, cover the seedling with it, punch holes in the halved water bottle.:sunglasses:

When transplanting tomatoes I put them deeper (3-6") in the Pot reducing the leggy nature and creating a bigger root zone. Will this work with cannabis plants?

Yes but it can also backfire. When I do this, I add a dry medium (like a topping) between the surface of the soil and the first set of leaves. On my tomato plants, this works very well but on my MJ plants, I have had experience where it rots the stems and kills the plant. I recommend adding medium little by little. When I get leggy or stretched shoots, I add a breeze (strengths the stems), more blue light (outside, not really an option), dry material like peat, cocoa, even dry leaves, crumpled paper -around the stem to support it.

2 Likes

Thanx for the tip Mike!
I got 4 in the same shape as Valerie that I am transplanting this evening,
you saved me some heartache

1 Like

Thanks for the info I’m still fairly new to this

2 Likes

If you get a high pop tie 2 bread ties together, melt the plastic of half of 1 tie, you put the wire in the dirt well away from your seedlings then you form a loupe to hold the seedling in place till its stem hardens, just did it works every time.

Thanks for the tip, I will try it