My Indoor vs Outdoor Experiment

A bit of poor beginner planning has given me the opportunity for an interesting experiment. Some backstory:

The first seeds I ever purchased were these Lemon Kush, and some NYC Diesel, both from HGCC. I think they were on the BOGO menu for March.

I started 9 of the Lemon Kush, and 7 made it. Compared to the NYC Diesel, which were like clones of each other, the Kush were all over the place. There were 2 runts, 2 really stretchy ones, and one that was super finicky about water - if it wasn’t just the right amount it looked droopy.

I ended up taking clones from all of them - except the runts. I didn’t really plan to, but there were some lower branches that weren’t really developing that I decided to prune away. But I couldn’t just toss them, so I got some pots ready. I only had 1 that didn’t make it. I also became aware of pheno-hunting around this time.

Fast forward to today, and I’m all out of room indoors. I gave one of the runts away after 3 days into flower and I hear it’s looking lovely in its new outdoor home. I’m keeping a mother diesel and those clones are going to be my next indoor run. I wasn’t as stoked about the lemon, so they got picked for this experiment.

I moved the lemon clones outside.

Indoor, they’re starting week 5 of flower.

I’ll post the results here.

4 Likes

Nice the ole girls are looking good man

1 Like

Update