My first planned season failed. Can we fix it?

Good Evening everyone, I have three girls which have been prevegging for a long time. I cannot tell you the feeling I felt when I came home to notice my equipment failed to come on and they are now entering preflower. The biggest one more than the others. My plan was too throw these girls outside very soon and let nature do it’s thing. I have no space to flower theese sativa’s indoors due to height limitations. I suppose my question is, How long will theese sativa dominant plants take to REVEG/MonsterCrop? Is it worth doing so and if so would this affect the final product. As always thank you for any info.

3 Likes

if you go to a 6 on 2 off, 3 times a day, you can UNFLIP them in about a week, then revert to 14 plus hours of light. It will still take them up to 3 weeks to settle in and get over the stress…they might hermie or foxtail but it should only be here or there…Watch carefully and remove any male sacs that may form

5 Likes

Thanks mate, changing the schedule now. I had them on 24hrs for the last four days since the started showing signs and on about 14HRS before as I was trying to match my climate slowly. Again thanks mate I’ve put so much time into these it would be a shame to Chuck them now.

2 Likes

photo’s need the rest period…unlike auto’s…let them sleep here and there. If you been running at 24/0, you can probably get them going in 3 days of 6x2 3 times a day
after that, go to a 16 or even 18 hours ON…then in about a week or 2 your should see funky new growth…do not be alarmed…wired looking leaves and stuff…then “BACK IN VEG THEY ARE”

3 Likes

They don’t look like they are failing to me. Beautiful plants you have there! :star_struck:

2 Likes

@Henry you can throw them back outside fine. It will only take 2 to 3 weeks to reveg fully if they’ve only been flowering a short time. Once they reveg outdoor just do your basic trimming and pruning through the veg season and they’ll be good to go for flower.

As far as monster cropping it usually works better to increase yields with indicas and hybrids. I haven’t really noticed much of a difference monster cropping sativas with the exception of a few sativa dominant hybrids like Moby Dick. They also haven’t been in flower long enough to negatively effect final flower yield after reveg with how much time we have left in the season. They will reveg outdoors fine and still give you a good yield.

2 Likes

The weather where I am at has turned for the worse, I have kept them indoors and they are now showing signs of growth. Is the yellowing on the tips of the new growth typical after the reveg stress? She produced some small glands which smell great!

1 Like

It is difficult to say at this time. Temps as cold as 7° can prevent the plant from obtaining nutrients from the substrate so it is possible the N got fixed. If this is the case, it will repair itself and new growth should go back to green. You can always give it an ammonia treatment to boost the N in a foliar / spray solution. N can be absorbed by the leaves in as little as 1 day where uptake from the soil can take a week easily. If yo udo not know how to make an ammonia solution, ask and I will send instructions

2 Likes

Please do Mike, I believe the environment has been ok but I’m still learning and I know the variations of genetics can vary greatly, so please tell me if you spot something out. I will definitely give the foliar spray a go. Been using an insect grass amendment for the N at the moment. Thanks Mike

2 Likes

Urine - it is sterile and turns to ammonia in 1 day
Put about a shot glass full in a standard 1 ltr mist bottle. It foliar feeds them nitrogen ( NH4+ reduces to NO3-) and they absorb it incredibly great that way. Especially clones trying to sprout more roots. Here is the rules though:

1. Never mist them with ammonia in the sun outside or under high discharge light indoors. Apply Mornings or evenings where there is no direct sun. They will burn ( just like neem oil or horticultural soap or spinosad).
  2. Make sure the leaves have dried before you mist them again the same day. I usually do 3 mists per day while needed.
  3. Minimize or kill fans for a couple hours. Ammonia reduces to nitrate in solution slower than it evaporates off as a gas. It would rather become a gas then reduce to nitrate while on the leaves in solution. It will evaporate away too fast under strong air flow and not be effective.
  4. Only use on vegetative portion of plants. Once they stack calyxes in bloom you don’t want to get ammonia on the buds. They don’t want nitrogen blast while blooming. It can slow flowering times by then.

That said, ammonia misting works faster for nitrogen deficient big plants than root feedings. (I guess I should say in my opinion…) Yellow leaves anybody? Not anymore. Adding nitrogen to the roots is still necessary for big veg plants or the plants will yellow again quickly.

4 Likes

Having being Certified with the “EPA” class B biosolids are considered ok with agricultural., even if said waste is potentially contaminated with pathogens, pharmaceuticals, etc…, Would I use it, uh definently not for me…:dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes