My daughter sent this today?

My daughter sent this today. She said a couple of the plants were doing this?

Inquiring minds want to see. :star_struck:

Thats the truth they looked perfect yesterday.

1 Like

@Jared , I don’t see a picture.

1 Like

err a picture would probably help.

2 Likes

Are you outside? Frost?

1 Like

No inside. Temps are running up to 83 daytime high 72 nite time low. Only thing differint that i know of is i installed more fans and was finaly able to get humidity up to 50%. Also they got there first (additional) fertilizer a couple days ago 1 tspoon fish emulsion per gallon water.

1 Like

I’m deferring to others with more knowledge, bit I’ll throw my hat in as I’m open to correction.

I see what looks like mottling on my end. You said you fed additional fertilizer. Mottling to me equates to effusion (definition may change while I flip mentally through definitions). Think they may need some aerating and possible touch of calmag in some form?

As a side note and I’m not sure if you know, soil impaction is a sign of acidity, right? Acidity would cause aeration problems, right?

2 Likes

Yes they have been in those buckets 30 days now so i was thinking one fish emulsion feeding and go to flower in 10 more days once the plants have fully recovered from there last topping.

2 Likes

I just made it home so i will get the books out and check it out.

2 Likes

Sometimes stems get red / purple (shaded ones stay green) when they are protecting themselves from LIGHT. Same for leaves, they blotch…Some strains do this too. I also see some yellowing of the vein which points to nutrient - (nitrogen uptake)
normal -image

• Incorrect pH – The pH being too high or too low at the roots is the most common reason to see a nutrient deficiency)
  • Magnesium deficiency can cause purple stems. A good cannabis-friendly nutrient system has a significant amount of magnesium, but if you’re using very soft water, or RO water, you may need to add a Cal-Mag to your nutrient regimen.
  • Temperature – Heat or especially cold can trigger red stems in some places. Big temperature fluctuations can also do it even if the temperature is in a good range.
  • Humidity – Very high or low humidity can stress plants (especially young seedlings)
  • Other types of stress such as light burn, transplant shock, or overwatering can trigger red stems
  • Sometimes you’ll never know why and plants just grow out of it :slightly_smiling_face:
2 Likes

Ok so i got a couple issues going on here. One it is just happening to a couple of the Blue Dreams. Then i remembered that i used a different potting mix on a couple of blue dreams. So i looked it up and sure enough the two i used Sunshine pro mix #4 on were the culprets. That is a low nute mix that i have been treating the same as Ocean Forest. So i did a cal mag foliar feed and added oyster shell powder and greensand to topfeed. Unfortunately my daughter watered them before sending the pics so i will have to wait at least untill tomorrow to give them a liquid tea feeding.

2 Likes

Actually the picture they sent me was of a pretty good plant. There was another that looked way worse with definite signs of cal deficiency. I will take a pick of it.

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 @kmac03

Just foliar fed cal mag and set it under a floresent to dry out.

2 Likes

Can you please humor me? You scoped the leaves, right? I’m only asking because… Well because I can’t stop myself. :v::joy:

1 Like

@kmac03 sorry i am missing the referance scoping the leaves?

1 Like

Checked for moving bodies?

I’m probably being paranoid, but I just did a battle with the start of mites.

2 Likes

@kmac03 could not find anything moving but there are several little grayish specks on all the plants.

most are 10% the size of this one. I had assumed it was dust off the top of my lights since i put in stronger fans sunday.

2 Likes

You know what boredom does? It makes me overthink a lot and occasionally I score. I’m feeling itchy about mites.

Is that knitting and thickening?

1 Like

I do have some of these.

they are not American ladybugs some kind of asian knockoff the timber companys release to kill out the pine beatles. I leave them alone though becuse anyting they have to eat in here i want to get rid of anyway.

2 Likes