My 3rd Grow Attempt

NOTE: Age since germination: (January 20th, planted 5 days later)
Jan. 25th >>> May 17th 112 days total.

Had to consult my notes…chicken scratches…

1 Like

MAY23rd

Continued Yellowing of leaves. Pretty Raggedy looking, but trichomes still Cloudy, very little Amber showing anywhere except on the sugar leaves. Plants’ intake of water has dropped severely. I’m now watering only about 1/4 cup at a time. Plants are obviously near the End of their lives. I’ll give them 5-7 days more. Hoping for some Amber, for the Couch Lock.

Age, from sprouted seed: 123 days

1 Like

@Bulbous52 you’re making sure to hold the meter in the water for a few minutes right? Ph meters aren’t instant unless you have super expensive ones. You need to let them set in the water or hold them in it for 2-5 minutes depending on manufacturer to get a good reading.

2 Likes

I only have a few Soil PH meters, and they do not seem to work right. Both read “7.0” or slightly more, no matter what I do with them. I was relying on the Advanced Nutrients “PH Perfect” technology, which seemed to work Famously…until I stopped feeding them two weeks ago. Now they’re caving in fast. I assume it’s because the plants are near the End of their lives, but I acknowledge that it could be a PH problem. I have no way to check. Would a PH problem CAUSE an arrest in Trichome development? - specifically, could it cause them to never turn Amber? My Growing experience is pretty limited…

The color change is the result of oxidation of the crystals that have already formed…age…
Development is a different thing…Ph can slow down production but not affect the changing of the trikes…

3 Likes

What say you Mike? Water them lightly, and give them another 5-7 days or so? That’d bring them to a full 9 weeks of Flowering (and beyond). These ladies are fast becoming Old Dames…they still live, but I don’t know how long they’ll hold up. I do notice that most of the delicious smells have faded. Now they just look like old plants, which are slowly falling apart.

1 Like

if you see that happening, then time to harvest. You do not want them degrading to the point they are just so so

2 Likes

Now? I’m still hoping to see some more Amber on the trichomes. I only see Amber on the sugar leaves and the occasional trichome…here & there…it is really dragging out…

But these plants are beginning to fall apart. Do you think, if I harvest tomorrow, the High will be Zippy? I do want some couch lock…

1 Like

it can still oxidize during drying. DO a long dry, like in the fridge, careful to check for molding…air it once in a while. I dry many of my harvest in the fridge during the summer, then cure in dark jars in the closet

2 Likes

@Bulbous52 Adding humus will do wonders for your soil, wont even have to worry about ph, you can get rid of those meters.

2 Likes

Please explain further. I HATE the ph stuff!!

@Adcrag Just as simple as mixing it in the soil or working it in the top if the plant is already planted…, it will serve as a buffer and balancer of PH… also adds beneficials to aid plant in health and growth., Stores nutrients for Rootz as well.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Just when bought check for fungus gnats because some stores let there product get contaminated…

Hi,
How do you do it ? I saw powder humus is that the one ?

Granular humic acid works well also a little goes a long way., actual humus will contain beneficial microbes though and “O” material as well as better water retention.

1 Like

Do you need to re-apply it periodically?

Granular humic acid apply it twice, liquid apply as directed per directions on label unless otherwise noted., actual humus will last for years in soil and soil along with undeterred microbial life will eventually bust down all that added compost if used into humus through humification. Humus will be very dark in color and contain the “Life Force” of your garden…

1 Like

TYVM! Excellent information. :grinning:

I’m interested in doing a mostly-organic grow, but will continue with small amounts of Advanced Nutrients Micro-Grow-Bloom…it worked so well before, when I was using it, to eliminate PH problems.

1 Like

a friend gave me a jar of ‘‘root muscle’’ have not used it yet, but looks like its derived from seaweed extract & has humic acid… anyone tried it yet?

2 Likes

May 28th They are still growing! I had cut a couple of smaller buds off to test them, but I’m sure glad I decided to hold off on Harvesting. The biggest bud in the Rear is twice the size of my fist! Still only a suggestion of amber in the trichomes. I’ll wait it out.

Total Time, from seed: 123 days.

6 Likes