Moon rocks without oil?

So, I need help. I want to make something similar to moon rocks without oil. Is there another way to cause the kief to bind well to to flower? I know how to make concentrates but I’m not interested in doing that right now so I’m looking for cheat codes.

3 Likes

Sugar, sugar water. We used to make thai stick using sugar water to help stick the buds to the stems and the kief to the buds

2 Likes

You can make hand rolled hash balls and then flatten them and press them around a bud.

It’s an old school method but it works. Just roll the qief around until it forms balls and then press them and wrap them around your buds then finish by rolling the qief wrapped buds in your hands.

3 Likes

Mike, please tell me more about the sugar water process! Do you brush it on, what’s the water to sugar ratio? I’m super interested in making Thai stick too, btw. It’s so legendary and classic and vintage strains and techniques are really cool to me.

2 Likes

MDBuds, I wish I would have seen this earlier. Very good, simple idea. I’ll try that tonight. I ended up just rolling some purple trainwreck buds in kief and putting it in my glass. It’s the highest I’ve been in a very long time lol. It was sticky enough that it grabbed the kief really well.

3 Likes

@Captspalding you can form the kief ball over the bud too but I find it’s easier to roll the kief/hash ball first so you don’t flatten or squish the bud. Lol

2 Likes

These screen trays are fucking awesome lol. Sorry if I’m rambling. It’s just awesome how easy it was to collect all those heads solvent free from rubbish, basically. And I can still probably get a tiny bit of QWISO from the leftover shake, right? I feel like we’re living in the future. Haha

1 Like

@Captspalding @Kronic :thinking: Real Moon Rocks are Not from oil and they are ALL i Puff. they are a Bud Nugget dipped in low heat melted Sugar Wax then tossed into the Kief so they don’t stick together in storage :laughing:

GIF_20210106_210107 Dab and Crumble and even Shatter are to High Heat for Moon Rocks. Only Sugar Wax is High Grade

4 Likes

DollarBill, your rocks always look amazing, bro! What exactly is sugar wax? I don’t live in a legal state so there’s probably a lot of cool stuff that I don’t know about yet.

4 Likes

Well, we have medical, but not recreational.

2 Likes

@Captspalding Sugar Wax is first shake screened off fresh harvested freezer frozen buds or cured buds then low heat pressed. it’s ALL Trichomes no bush and the rest is oil that’s why dab, crumble and even shatter are chemically removed or high heat pressed and need High Heat to Tool

Moon Rock is Better than the Best Hash and Tastier than Dab :innocent: Sugar Wax is just that, Heavenly Powder

3 Likes

I’m still really high, so forgive me, but if I understand correctly you low heat press the kief?

3 Likes

Sugar wax is just a crystallized form of wax or shatter. It can be made from rosin or solvent extract.

My personal preference is solventless live rosin sugar wax. Take your fresh rosin press extract and put it in a vacuum oven around 90-95f and in 24 to 48 hours you will have pulled all of the water and gasses out of it and it leaves behind a wax with a sugary consistency. You just leave it in until it stops pulling water to the top and there are no more air bubbles coming out. You don’t want to exceed those temps either so you can preserve terpenes.

There are lots of ways to make sugar wax. This one is just my preferred.

2 Likes

If you have a hair iron available, you can press a bud in between a piece of parchment paper and it will express the oil/terpines out of the bud and use that. In Thai sticks, we used that but also just sugar water - 1:1. Teaspoon water, teaspoon sugar, wet the bud, roll it.
Thai stick came in 2 fashions. Budda thai came on a branch of the plant, with the buds attached. They were sativa’s mostly and the node spacing was extremely close so they covered the branch all the way, you only saw the bottom of the branch…like a handle. They were infused (rolled in oil and keif).
To replicate, we also too a branch from a plant and also pulled string off a branch too. We rolled the cured buds in the sugar water, then the keif and then tied it to the branch. These branches were only like 4 to 6 inches. We covered them in rolling paper and wet that too with the sugar water. Let them dry and had a party. 25 ppl could puff off that 1 stick. That was before Covid, now we smoke only with family or alone. Alone again, naturally.
BTW - when we made our own, we used “SPOONS” You heated table spoons on the stove and placed a bud in one spoon, pressed the other hot spoon on it to extract the oils. We did not have hair irons back in the 60’s

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, guys! I’m loving this thread.

2 Likes

@Captspalding Sugar Wax is formed from the collection of the purest form of crystals and takes low heat to burn. Rosins and Oils take Torch Heat just to vapor. if you Burn dabs/rosins and oils with a yellow flame its nasty #1 Dab Rock

#2 here’s Sugar Wax from my grow of GG#4 Fem. and Moon Rocks are low heat No Oil tastes as good. you are pressing pure trichomes no plant in sugar wax. oils you press the whole bud

1 Like

https://www.coldcreekextracts.com/shatter-sugar-wax ## Related searches

Dry sift hash

Bubble hash

DIY kief screen

Dry sift screens

Trichome screen

Best micron screen for kief

DIY dry sift screens

Kief screen box
https://www.coldcreekextracts.com/shatter-sugar-wax

3 Likes

@Captspalding https://www.coldcreekextracts.com/all-cannabis-products @Kronic :v: https://www.coldcreekextracts.com/shatter-sugar-wax The Crystal Stuff :wink: i usually use all my popcorn buds for Sugar Wax

:smirk: then dip my Good Bud Nuggets in that sugar wax and roll them in Kief for storage

4 Likes

Thank you for linking all this I definitely want to try some of these.

2 Likes

:v::wink:

2 Likes