Mini AC in 2x2 Tent

Has anyone tried a personal ac in a very small tent?

2’x2’x67"

What I have done is duct my tent inlet air from a box hung on part of the output of a window ac. Gonna rig it again soon, likely tonight.

I don’t have that option.

When I was in CA I noticed how much larger the flowers were. The reason I was given was the cooler nights allowed the plant to rest resulting in larger blooms.

I want to explore that theory.

Think I will try putting a frozen gallon of water in there to cool things off.

It’s hot here in the south.

1 Like

Using frozen water is a good idea. I’ll be interested to see how you make out. Good luck!

1 Like

I’m working on a diary for White Widow Auto and Deelite Auto.

I’m one week into this new experience.

Interesting thought. I spent a year in the Caribbean, post hurricane induced defoliation. I noticed that several months after the storm, the first wild ganga noticeable enough to smell when walking past was up on a 600 ft ridge above the sea. It was always pleasantly cool there at night, even when most of the volcanic rock island was perpetually roasted. The Ras semi cultivated the bush weed…… also aligns with the temperature swings necessary to induce maple sap to run, etc. it’s not all of it, but interesting building blocks.

1 Like

I have been having a hell of a time keeping the temps in my grow area down during the day, I know it’s stressing the plants some, I live right on the border of Virginia and North Carolina, I have 2 fans going but the temps are still getting up in the 90’s. I have switched the plant light schedule to run mostly at night when it’s a little cooler and I’m hoping that helps, I am gonna try and put some ice in there as well but I don’t think it will last long. The temps are gonna drop about 10 degrees this week so the high temps will be in the 80’s. Where are you at?

1 Like

I froze a jug of water and put it in the tent this morning. My in-house temp runs at 78 but I wanted them to have cooler temps while they slept. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I use a room air-conditioner. It’s a floor unit that has a 6 inch vent hose to pump out the hot.air and a 3/4 inch drain hose to get rid of the :droplet: water. It works great I have complete control of my temperature and humidity. I was able to take a 6 inch inline ventilation fan normally used to pull out heat from the tent I placed it between 2 tents pulling cold air from the tent with air-conditioning and pushing it into the tent with out the air-conditioned the 1 small 6000 btu air-conditioner is plenty to keep 2 4x4 tents cool. Now the tents are in a garage that is not air-conditioned. I keep it at 77 during the day and 65 at night.

I had to correct several things. Buy an inline fan speed controller because the fan sucked the humidity out.

When that stabilizes, I’ll let you know about the ice.

I use a small room air conditioner to cool my homemade wine box. It keeps 100 bottles at optimum coolness. It’s in a basement window, with insulated hose running to the box. A thermostat inside the box keeps the temp steady at at a steady 59F / 15C.

I don’t have the luxury of any sort of outside venting.

After a few days with my new light and fan speed controller, I’m getting the hang of it.

The outside temp is ~100 with ~50% humidity.

Inside temp is ~78 with ~50% humidity

Now that the plants are vegging some the higher humidity isn’t necessary.

The ice did help with temp and humidity when the fan was blowing full speed.

Tonight I’ll add ice again to see if I can keep the fan on a lower speed.

And I may get some sort of personal ac to cool off the room because the tent sucks air from it.

It is getting a lot easier. I know the plants will be fine with the temp and rH they have.

Life is good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With the fan control, you’ll be able to get a handle on things. Once you find the happy place, where you have room for conditions to wander a bit with no consequences, you can relax and have fun.