Mildew(week 7 of flower)

So everything was going great in my tent grow, and my buddy had his pants hanging in the closet right next to my intake fan. I’m pretty upset about it, but I need to know a way to ward this off so I can save my harvest. It’s really disappointing to see this happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Are we talking Powdery Mildew? Milk is a great repair for it. Aggressive - 50/50, douse those leaves and buds, wait a day, rinse fresh H2O. Less aggressive and prevention - 9:1 water to milk, mist daily. You usually do not have to wash off this lighter formula butr if you have many flowers, you may want the milk off. Mist before lights on to not burn them. More aggressive is using peroxide H2O2. There are plenty forums here concerning these issues

3 Likes

Yeah its powdery, I was looking at the yuka and neem mix with soap and rubbing the leafs off. So I should do it right at lights out? Or before they come on?

2 Likes

How far into flower are you? That is the deciding factor I would go with. If you got trichomes, I would NOT want to RUB. You will rub off the good stuff. If it is bud rot, another story, sorry but cut out the bad and discard. A simple spray bottle with water and milk should put it under control. You can spray right into the buds without much harm. Just do not turn lights on if they are dripping. Blotting is ok. I do not like spraying at night, to me it is hypocritical to mold - unless you got good air circulation going on. Just as easy to do it before lights on. Again, ig bad mold, use 50/50, if light, use 9 waterto 1 part milk and spray every other day. Maybe a week / 1o days and it should be clear, rinse and you are good to go. If you use the aggressive 50/50, apply, wait a day, rinse, wait a day, reapply. Continue till under control

2 Likes

Im on week 7, I’ll try this out, I’m gonna have to do it at lights out unfortunately, growing at a friends house because my roommates girlfriend pukes from the smell of weed… lol. But anyways the water wont cause mildew? I’ve done a little research but theres so many different recommendations.

2 Likes

The rinse is done after a 50/50 milk water treatment and it’s just a light misting every day until you go to the 1/9 ratio to prevent it from coming back.

4 Likes

MD Buds, you really hit the bud and everything with the 50 50? I’m just a little confused.

2 Likes

Yes. I hit the buds and everything with the 50/50 and after 24 hours rinse by misting with water before lights on for a day or two then go to the 1/9 milk to water and do a light misting every morning for 2 to 3 days to prevent it from coming back. Keep an oscillating fan going in your tent and put a humidifier in at around 40% and it will further help prevent future mold and mildew until you’re ready to harvest.

2 Likes

So the misting before the lights come on womt burn the plants?

2 Likes

not as long as your have your fans and you can blot lightly or wait until the dripping stops before lights on. You have to remember, most lights on are not instant heat so they can actually help dry things out. You just do not want them sopping or HOT before you treat

2 Likes

No good for them its after the leaves warm up and part that takes in moisture close for the day if I got that right