Loose buds low potency

Continuing the discussion from Why did my WW auto produce seeds? Are they viable?:

Thank you so much! This was my first grow. I read a lot and watched Kyle’s videos. Problem is the stuff smells great, looks pretty good but the buds are loose and the product has very little potency. Any advice on round 2 much appreciated. TY

2 Likes

Maybe try a photo over an auto next time.
WW is a sativa dom. You may want to try an Indica dominant strain next time? Tighter, denser buds compared to the lighter buds of a sativa.
The photos take longer than autos, but you can get higher yields and potentially higher potency
Just my random thoughts

4 Likes

I have found that with lower light you get loose buds get a higher Watt light the brighter the light the tighter the buds in my case GLHF

2 Likes

Maybe didn’t get enough oxygen to the plants I’ve had it to happen to me just a thought

1 Like

Light is the culprit for the loose buds. Sativa strains are already lighter than indica, but with low light it will make it noticeable.

As for potency, what did the trichomes look like When you harvested and what drying and curing method did you use?

2 Likes

Potassium deficiency and low glucose levels can cause light airy and low potency buds too even if you have good lighting. Make sure when you hit your flowering stage you’re using some pk and molasses or other glucose booster so they can develop some nice buds.