Looking for seeds

Thanks @MDBuds . The Lemon Blast does sound like it would be a good cross to add some height and mold resistance. The mid-October harvest worries me a bit as I would like this to be an outdoor strain. Wish HGCC shipped to Canada, I’ll see if I can find something similar like that up here. It just feels like we’re so limited up here, ya they made it legal, but then make it difficult to get good varieties!

Since I can only (legally) grow 4 plants at a time, I want to keep my indoor tent strictly for growing buds to smoke, 2 or 3 crops per year. Outdoors, I have the freedom to experiment, only limited by the number of sites I can find within half hour drive (and I’m already out of the city, lots of Forest Service Roads out here!). I’d just like to see what I can grow! I would probably use this for extracts and edibles, something I’d like to get into more as I learn and grow! Of course, I’d also try some of the resulting seeds inside and see how well they take to training.

I could never in my dreams become a breeder…I get brain-lock when I read some of your posts! Fascinating work, but it has scared me (and scarred me) since high-school! Math and physics no probs, but biology? UGGHHH! One of the reasons I like clones!

But as I get more time this year, I do want to get out of my comfort zone and try something new that doesn’t risk my indoor setup. Just not sure what I want to do with the resources I can get hold of up here.

1 Like

I started building the site last year but with the move, family issues, covid, I got seriously sidetracked. On the back burner for now.
Finally overcoming the house issues, health issues and getting things back in order. Just kinda one step at a time and suffering from “can’t get done all the crap lined up in front of me”. Had to build and setup the trampoline, get the yard ready for summer, work (yeah, lets not forget that), life-(a big one on the list)

2 Likes

not sure of your rules / laws in Canada but here, we have similar restrictions. We get around it by being able to have other family and even friends have their crop with ours
The biggest restriction is bot being able to grow within 25 miles of a dispensary and there are now more of them than 7-11’s. The way around that was medical mj card and then growing what the dispensaries cannot / do not provide. I have wife and son who use cbd so I get a workaround. Other note - they don’t really look for growers who break the rules unless you got a snitch or get stupid (like greedy growers)
I have sent many seeds to Canada and my friend grows much more than the allotted amount. Since I give him so many seeds, he discards the males, less desired, unhealthy and matures the best of the best keeping close to the limit. He does 5 plants to maturity in his tent but has a separate tent for picking what he wants to move to the finishing tent. Always seek options
great to trade seeds here as we develop our favorite cultivars. What we like, what grows best in our environment (can’t always get what you want but if you try sometimes, you get what you need). Most strains are becoming so crossbred we are winding up with plants that are very similar so all the new fangled strains are not that attractive. Unless you got an MDBuds or other breeder, you get stuck with seed farms and that is a numbers game.

ps - since you brought it up, wondering what ever happened with the gummies for my sweetie?
And did I send you the list of the auto seeds I obtained?

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 We can grow as long as the building has no rules against it (strata/condo rules), but we have a 4-plant per household limit…that includes seedlings! So technically I am illegal when I take my cuttings. But it’s probably the same here in BC (probably not in the rest of Canada tho), they don’t hassle the mom and pop operations unless you go big or bypass the hydro meters. They used to bust lots of folks that way…add up the usage on all the houses, if it doesn’t add up to what the block is drawing, must be a fault and then that gives them the power/authority to check and bust ya!

Nice Stones reference too, btw!

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 I did not get the list yet no. As far as the gummies I ended up testing the batch because I tried it and it was far too psychoactive to have the levels of cbd it should have had and it didn’t. Come to find out the cbd levels stated for the gold leaf were a typo. Issue is already resolved and they’re working on fixing the item information too. Needless to say I decided not to send it without the cbd requirement you guys needed for your wife.

I do have cultivars going ATM though that have verified and tested cbd levels so I’ll have another batch going soon. Found an auto that’s pretty much all pinene and caryophyllene with 10% cbd. Will be great for adding some inflammation and pain relief into some genetics and for processing into gummies because it is a resin factory.

I do the same thing as your buddy in Canada though. I start a lot but when I finish to flower after choosing my keepers I only end up with 4-6 plants in my flower tent and 2-4 in my veg tent out of the 25-30 I usually start. Lol

1 Like

@Noddykitty I actually have 6 Trainwreck seeds remaining and plan on growing one guerrilla this summer. It’s genes have 2 of 3 of my favorite grows, Thai, from a Thai stick '78-'82, and Afghani '82-'85, so I think that will be fun.

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, I have rested my clone tray on a half chord of fresh split cedar. (It’s my favorite kindling wood, and it grows abundantly around here). It smells like cedar heaven as it dries. The caterpillars didn’t seem to mind. Agent orange was more caterpillars then vegetable matter.

Do you think a concentrated oil nearby would help? Or dilute foliar spray? I worry the oil would lens the sun on the leaves, since I grow them outside most of the year.

I have aggressively sprayed with BT before which worked for a while. It fucks the caterpillars well, but also gets my buds too wet as they put on weight. The AO and lemon kush I have tried a lot have not won any mold resistance contests.

This past 2 seasons I have had a Washington and BC native wasp inundate my raised beds. The soil is soft and easy to excavate. The north side of my lot is a green belt and bisected by a creek. It’s very wild there. Lots of insect and bird life.I have not sprayed a pesticide or weed killer in my lawn in 16yrs. It’s a food forest and wildlife sanctuary basically. And all my neighbors have kept the creek zone the same way as far as it flows. Anyway, they seem particularly fond of caterpillars. The wasps seem as abundant as the pollen bees. I plant my beds thoroughly with companion cover crops like flowers and flowering herbs. The assorted bees seem to love strawberry flowers. Interestingly, the wasps stayed active till late fall. Much later than the other bees. I was thinking about trying the wasps to keep 1 agent orange clean this year. It would be fun to try.

The first time I saw the wasp it was coincidently when the murder hornets were found nearby in my state. I thought I had a problem, but then phew, just a native big ass bee…
Golden digger wasp

3 Likes

Barneys farm is solid Genetics. I have done them a bunch in the past. LSD, Grinspoon, Liberty haze, critical haze. I can all vouch for as good weed…
The Grinspoon is the slowest Sativa you will ever try though. Mine went early December but I gave up. It would have liked till Christmas. She was in my temporary greenhouse outdoor.

3 Likes

@Noddykitty cedarwood doesn’t do anything to caterpillars which sucks but it helps keep the moths away and prevent them.

Concentrated oil diluted as a foliar spray works. Setting up outdoor essential oil diffusers helps too. You can get those diffuser stones and set them in small birdbaths or some custom pedestal through the garden and just charge them with cedarwood oil, lavender, etc… when needed through the grow.

Hanging a potpourri bag on each plant works too. I use a mix of cedarwood chips, lavender, and mint mostly.

4 Likes

I have been doing Gorilla glue and gelato and white widow and have a bunch of those seeds if you’re interested

1 Like

I’m overwhelmed with gratitude to all that have offered seeds…The varieties have been impressive…But alas all I need is a lemon strain for my wife…
With that being said , Muchos THANKYOUS

1 Like

Peekabooing your Castle Frankenstein.
Looking to be a Cool site when finnished
Won’t let me login…

1 Like

Attitude seedbank from the UK has a great selection

1 Like

And on many strains/breeders they have “pick and pay”. You can buy 1 at a time, if you want. They do ship to the US

1 Like

I’ve been doing research on acquiring seeds…Mainly Lemon strain…
All the seedbanks carry some sort of Lemon variation…Prices vary from high to low…Get a deal by buying quantity…
Being a small-time grower in a illegal state, what I’m going to do with 16 or so seeds…
All I want is 3 at a decent price… All I need is 1 to germinate…The other 2 is germination insurance…
I once ordered 5 N.L from Seedman…
Not 1 seed germinated…I’m left with an expensive tin from 00…I might have gone ahead and had my teeth pulled before Seedman would help…Maybe if I had jumped through hoops,they might have helped…But then again maybe not…
I’ve decided to throw the dice with Multiverse Beans,Amnesia Lemon from Barneys farm…Hoping Barneys seeds are viable…

2 Likes

Good luck. I’ve got a run of HG Strawberry Coughs and HG Rosenthals 3 weeks into veg, so I’ve got a ways to go. Next run in house already, Archive seedbank. I did my 1st run ever of their Royalty Trees. 6 3/4 oz of amazing flower in spite of all my mistakes. We all live and learn

2 Likes

try again and let me know with a private email
[email protected]
I had hacker and had to block some stuff, maybe you got caught in the kaos.

1 Like

@Mrb53004 here’s that strain of yours

beautiful strain

4 Likes

Thanks…is this he Frankenstein? Auto, GDP Hybrid?