Live Q&A with Kyle Kushman - St. Patrick's Day SPECIAL - March 17th at 6pm!

@CkNugz finally found it and now I feel silly. The study of annelids like earth worms and red wigglers is called annelidology.

I could remember they were part of the annelid phylum but not that the study of them was annelidology. :joy:

2 Likes

@MDBuds :arrow_up: you even mentioned annelids… in the root word it be…

2 Likes

@CkNugz I sure did. It happens when you toke and try to remember your education from years ago. That stoner fog man. :joy:

1 Like

@CkNugz I’m laughing at myself so hard right now for spending so much time racking my brain trying to remember and the answer was in front of my face in my first response. :joy:

2 Likes

That’s why you were supposed to ignore my submission. :rofl:

1 Like

@kmac03 why would I ignore you? I know you understand. Drives me nuts not being able to remember something so I obsess over it until I do and usually end up laughing at myself for spending so much energy on it.

Nematology is cool though. I’m actually studying different predatory and parasitic nematodes right now to put together my own nematode mix to pretreat my composted soil. :grin::joy:

1 Like

Ignore it because I just woke up for some reason and am now wondering why I committed so strongly to it. I did have a bad case of the giggles at the time.

PS: I’m probably blowing up a thread off topic right now, huh? Reading from phone and I guess I’m ancient now.

1 Like

@kmac03 it was still on topic I think. We were trying to answer Kyle’s questions. It’s only fair he gets to ask a few when we ask so many. :joy:

1 Like

@MDBuds @kmac03 More off topic??..Maybe!!!, But I know they are not annelids or nematodes, yet Lady bugs and Praying Mantis make great garden pets…

2 Likes

Preying Mantis’ are awesome. Ask @DollarBill.

Also, I do believe helminthology was correct. I’m trying real hard not to use ‘my ask’ a friend now.

2 Likes

isn’t that “The Worm Guy” from Godzilla movie?

I am trying to germinate Afghan Autoflower with no luck. My Big Bud Feminized, Gelato Feminized and Purple Haze Feminized germinated with no problem. I tried starting in damp paper towel (which the other 3 worked just fine). Tried in jar of water. Tried adding Peroxide. I’m now on my 4th seed. I tried scraping it a little with sand paper and again in damp paper towel. 4 days and nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome…
Lets invite @MDBuds …he made a YT video of his preferred method of germination. I think his liquid solution is TOP NOTCH…Sometimes bad seeds, sometimes they need a little help (sugars / carbs)

1 Like

Thanks for responding Mike. Would really like to get one of these going. This is my 1st go since a couple plants in the early 80’s. No such thing as an autoflower then LOL.

no there wasn’t…we used to plant photo periods, veg them for 3/4 weeks and flip right into flower…was the closest we could get to a quick harvest
I remember those days…I think :laughing:
Here is his YT video

1 Like

@Oldie with my method that @Mrb53004 shared with you for older seeds like yours I would also soak in the charging mix I use for 24 hours before sterilizing and putting in the coco. Make sure they soak up some carbs before you go to germ.

@Mrb53004 thanks for the assist man. It’s nice knowing there are supportive people in the community.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll watch the video and give it a try. I have 4 seeds left. Hopefully one will germinate. Again thanks guys!!

Oh also meant to say these are not old. I ordered and received them a few weeks ago.

how old are your seeds? Afghan auto is a child of Kush so any Indica dominant / Kush dominant auto will be close to the strain…hopefully, never know.

Mike I purchased in mid Jan and received in late Jan to early feb this year.