Live Q&A with Kyle Kushman - 29th September @ 6pm PT

Interesting question! Are worm castings consider vegan? If they are, you might be really interested in Subpod. We’ve had one in the ground for a few months and just ordered our second.

2 Likes

@albski there is some dispute over whether vermiculture is veganic or not. Some say no because worms are still animals. Some say yes as long as the worms aren’t confined to your composter and are free to live in the soil.

I personally choose to agree with the latter and use an above ground worm composter with an open bottom so those red wigglers are free to leave whenever they choose.

2 Likes

I’m a beginner, wanted to ask Kyle what is the best LED light to use in a 5x5 tent

1 Like

Dana, I use leaves, especially the smaller ones, to make tinctures / edibles / etc. Dry all your leftovers at 230F in shallow pan for about 30 minutes (don’t burn). Crush up with a blender / mortar & pestle / hands and place in a jar. Either get some 190/200 proof (like everclear) of just high content booze (bacardi 151 is really good solvent and you can do SHOTS!). Shake every day, dark place, after 2 weeks you got great stuff. You can let alcohol evaporate or just do MJ shots or use to make edibles. Almost nothing goes to waste.

2 Likes

What’s the Best light set up without breaking the bank? And best soil mix for growing big buds.

1 Like

Mike:
Thanks for the wonderful suggestion on the sugar leaves, etc. As a medical patient I too use a lot of tinctures and such. Appreciate it.
Warmly,
Jackie

2 Likes

I always though worm casting were, worm poop. Just like Guano is bat poop. Poop is poop. I guess if you wanted PURE vegetarian/Kosher or Halal, I would probably use algae/plant material etc for your fertilizer. But worm casts are just poop. It’s not like your killing the worm to get it. They just poop. But for some peoples Cultural or Religious preferences, they would rather not fertilize with animal droppings. (Even though it’s usually sterilized).
Warmly,
Jackie

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mike!!! I just KNEW they could be used for something good! I really appreciate you getting back to me on this!

2 Likes

Kushman, what’s your favorite Autoflowering strain/do you have one?

Or, your perfect Sunday?

1 Like

The guitarist is Kirk Hammett. :joy:

3 Likes

So here’s an anecdotal question. Have you ever gotten so high with friends during harvest that you had a sword fight with giant colas listening to power metal or any related music like led zepplin?

3 Likes

Yess chucky got in!!! Thanks for the shout out guys. My question was. Any advice for a good drying set up. I’m about to harvest my first crop and want to make sure I do it right.

1 Like

Here’s something profound. What came first? The cannabis or the seed? :joy:

2 Likes

Hey Kyle! Do you believe climate change will impact the growing community?

1 Like

If we start a winter grow in an 8x10 concrete room, how would you suggest warmth if using the LED lights?

1 Like

Hey Kyle,
How do you instill drive and ambition in a teenage boy?! Sincerely,

His mom

3 Likes

LED lights will emit enough heat that you will need cooling unless your room is average 50F. Lights heat a room up. 8x10 room can handle 2 rows of lights, every 2/4 feet. That means minimum 4 to 6 lights in that room. Depending on LED’s, you can throw some serious heat. If you are using 2/3ooo watt lights, you make an oven. You will need air circulation, dehumidifier, fan. And where are you germinating? same room? How much do you want to grow? Stages or all at once? Much thought goes into a grow room. Do not forget watering

1 Like

@MDBuds the Germ came first :laughing: Fact

2 Likes

drying is more important than growing. In soil, you can plant a plant and do nothing but water it and it can go all the way to flower. Curing / drying is where your buds morph into something greater than the sum of its parts.

1. Drying area - no light, humidity between 55-65F, slight breeze (small fan) hang full plant. Watch carefully for MOLD, will spread and wipe out the plant. If you do not have a drying area - believe it or not, cardboard boxes work great. I use WARDROBE box. Even comes with a rod to hang from (Walmart for $35). Temps should be about 65F best. A slow, cool dry brings out the best flavor. Trim off shake after leaves are dry but KEEP THAT SHAKE - loaded with trichome) . When the branches SNAP, you are ready to remove the buds from the stems and start the jar cure. Mason jar, 62% Bovid humdidity packs , dark place. Loosley place buds in jars (not bovid yet) close, burp jar every day for a week to 10 days. Then place bovid in jar. Jar should ALWAYS be in dark cool place. Open once a week - 3 weeks you got primo bud. You can smoke any time…Take that shake, dry in oven shallow pan at 230F, about half hr. Crumble finely into a small jar, add Bacardi 151 or everclear or high proof vodka, shake daily for about a month. You got killer tincture
4 Likes

This is my first grow and being a little excited about growing I ended up with 3 in a tent, 1 in a small greenhouse, 2 out in the yard and 1 in a dwc bucket. I have had my ups and downs but all in all everything is doing alright and a couple even better. My Gorilla Glue is a monster outside in my small 4x6 green house but I have noticed a little “Bud Rot” on a few of the buds but not many. I have removed the ones I have noticed but my question is…
Can I dry and smoke those? Can I throw them in a pan with some butter? I have them drying out right now and figured I would ask.
Being its my first grow I’m finding it hard to just throw these buds out just like it was hard to lollipop my plants for the first time if that makes sense?
Thanks for all you guys do. I have built myself a seed bank of my own exclusively from homegrowncannabisco.com
Thanks!

3 Likes