Lighting for auto flowering plant grown in tents

I’m considering downtime in the 2-6 time frame due to outside heat. I’m already struggling with room temp mid day and it’s just early May… that means Aug will be mind blowing.

I hear ya. I was lucky enough to have a 10000 btu ac unit on hand… with out it is too hot to grow inside even here for me

I think regardless of auto or photo, trying to match the strains natural light cycles is best scenario. 12/12 even for a photo may not be optimal, especially for many sativa dominants.

I am running my auto right now at 14/10.

The group of sativas I am switching to flower will start weeks 1-3 at 12/12. week 4-8 will be 13/11, and then 11/13 till they finish.

The idea, is to gain yield in middle flower. This can be problematic with some indica strains as the flower time will be extended and bushy colas are at risk the bigger they get. So you gain yield for time. Is it worth it? I don’t know but I get bored if I don’t experiment some. Ive read some people having very good results with their sativa runs.

After this run I may experiment in a 2x4 with a 6/6/6/6 cycle for photos… Ive been reading up on this and sounds interesting and could be what I need in winter to keep temps from dropping to low late in the lights off in a 12/12. Living in the mountains with only wood heat and radiant is tough and you have to adjust light cycles around outside temps.

I personally think more light for autos is better up to 20/4. I would still reduce that later in flower. Some run 24/0… I just think all living things need some rest time so that is one cycle I probably won’t experiment with.

1 Like