Leaves canoeing drying and dying

I have a gelato plant that I flipped to flower 4 weeks ago and it only has a couple of pistils. In the last week or so I noticed some leaves dying upon further inspection I noticed some new growth curling canoeing drying and dying.

1 Like

Hi, Welcome Andy
You mention “canoeing”. That usually is associated with LOW HUMIDITY
Excess humidity usually makes then curl down
It does not necessarily mean an Rh problem. We would need some pics and a better understanding of your environment
Tent / room / indoor / outdoor
substrate growing in
type of light/s, height
temps
humidity
4 week ago flip is enough to produce pistils…need to see
feeding - schedule and contents
Gelato is one of the easiest and best to grow strains as she can take much abuse.
I think there are many here who can offer advice but we try to do it from a point of knowledge, that is why we desire so much data about your environment

2 Likes

I would also get a scope and look for pest on the new growth. Mite be mites

1 Like

I’m growing in a closet approximately 2x2 1/2 they are in potting soil she’s about 45” tall 4 months old 75 / 68 degrees day / night 55-52% rh and I feed/ water every 2 days thanks for the time

1 Like

I will thank you for the advice

I do not see a Humidity issue…just so you know, that is not canoeing
looks like it possibly could be reaction as it is only a few leaves / branches here and there
Is there a fan that is maybe circulating / bouncing off the all? Or a hot spot from light reflecting?
DO you mist? Are any of the walls exterior walls that can reflect a temperature change (hot / cold)?
I think if it were mites you would see more damage and not so concentrated to an area / leaf
Maybe did you drip a solution (like when watering)?
Pictures are clearer when they are not burple. Lights…what is your light schedule? For 4 weeks into flip, there should be more pistils…looks like it is still veg mode
what type/ brand of light are you using?
All in all, they do not look bad for a plant. Not droopy like overwatering…a slight nutrient issue or you are dripping or misting solution on the leaves. Good leaf structure…standing up very decent
Just in case…cut out those affected leaves / branches in case it is bacterial
lets go from there

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

No fans ,exterior walls maybe to close too the light
Light is a viperspectra 1000w have both bloom and veg set to max

1 Like

She was germinated in mid October with another plant not sure of the other strain had some crappy lights on them until mid December then I got the 1000w light they were on a 18/6 schedule until 1/31 that’s when the other plant started flowering as many pistils became visible so I gelato should have been just about ready and switched to 12/12 I’ll send pics of other plant a lot of buds but look a little skimpy

how high is the light above the plants?
You need SOME kind of air circulation…even a small fan.
I see a lot of stretch, which means the light may be too far above the plants. Kill the veg and let the flower portion run alone for a while.
DO you leave the closet OPEN? or is there a door that closes?
Looks like you got light issues in dark time. If light creeps in during the 12hr dark, you get that growth that looks like it is going back into veg mode. Doesn’t know if it is coming or going. Even a LITTLE light can disturb the bloom. If there is a door and it is a standard door, fire regulations leave a space between door and floor. That is enough for light creep
They are reaching for the light…indication ;light is too high

3 Likes

Ok I adjusted height of light and turned off veg and left bloom at full strength added a fan and sealed off door from light
Already see signs of improvement thanks for all your help

Make sure your lights are in a 12/12 if your in flower. Check your ph of your solution and media…and if your not over feeding it along with light stress. If still in veg I’d suggest to trim it off…flush with plain 7.0 ph h20 let it recover…happy growing…:sunglasses:

thanks for your help it was a light issue all is well now thanks again

1 Like