Kyle kushmans curing

https://youtu.be/8Cs1oMYKHI4 At around 2 minutes Kyle Kushman says to leave it for a couple days and then smell it… does that mean he doesn’t burp his jars? And if it does smell like ammonia does that mean he just throws it away?

1 Like

It means they didn’t wait long enough to buck it of the stem. to much moisture before before jarring it.

1 Like

@LuckilyCharmed is it better to just over dry It then? And does Kushan only cure for a few days then bc I thought ur supposed to cure for like 3 weeks to 3 months?

1 Like

he went by how the buds popped off the stems. If I remember right he mentioned a week at least of YNt while plant hanging from chop minus the leaves, in a controlled temp and rh . before even trying to buck. So I feel that part is a combination of trial and error and personal preference

1 Like

He also does a smoke test first which is a way to judge to moisture levels. Its not ready for jars unless it both snaps and stays lit. Then it can be sealed in jars. If youre not sure about burping get a cheap pack of hygrometers the are only a couple dollars a piece on Amazon

2 Likes

I use the mini hydrometer to monitor rh in my jars. But I burp my jars couple times a day for 1st week, then less.

1 Like

Do you have a link or is that not allowed? I was running old school, but then I lost a can, so…

Not sure how to link but here’s a screenshot. I use the meter (ph & temp) & boneva packs

Hope this helps

1 Like

Of all the hobbies I could have chosen… :rofl: :joy:

Yes, you chose the BEST!

1 Like

Do other hobbies nickel and dime you to death like this one? I don’t remember. :crazy_face:

Yes they do but they do not have the RETURNS this one has

2 Likes

That feels better. Thank you! :star_struck: :upside_down_face: