Kush Mints ~ My 1st Plant in this strain...it's also my 1st Post here! ;)

Kush Mints is exactly what it states: Minty Fresh! This is my first Kush Mints plant. Very interesting plant to grow because of the branching. I topped of & cut the first top after 5 nodes were showing. Then I wanted to do the same thing on the extensively long branches, so I did. At the end of each branch at the “Cola”, snip the entire thing-between the fan leaves. If it continues to grow more branches, just do the same thing. Very good idea for this one because it did stunt the growth there at the length, but she’s now getting more like a round ball instead of a tall & branchy plant, now she’s a stout almost 2.5 feet cutie~pie. This photo shows her right before she entered her flowering stage. What a lovely smell coming from her; almost like a minty mist hits the nose when you’re close to the flowers. This was taken on August 1, 2020.

Enjoy your grow! I’ll be back to share more photos. Peace, Love, Health & Great Weed!

2 Likes

This photo of Kush Mints shows the intense green beauty of the leaves; the pretty beginning flowering, and the eloquence of being a gorgeous cannabis plant! This was taken on August 10, 2020. She’s just now entering week one of flowering at this point.

Enjoy your grow! I’ll be back to share more photos. Peace, Love, Health & Great Weed!

3 Likes

What a wonderful way to spend the day ~ with your plants! This is a photo of my Kush Mints plant showing week 2~ she’s showing more green leaves; shinning & powdery crystals of power that will soon be lovely buds! This photo was taken on August 20, 2020.

4 Likes

This is one of the branches and showing the beauty of my work trimming each branch paid off! Look at this on August 19, 2020.

Enjoy your grow! Peace, Love, Health & Great Weed!

5 Likes

Here she is in her big pot…pot for a pot…love it! This is Kush Mints on August 19, 2020. She’s going to be a very lovely cannabis to try…can’t wait! This began as a clone in January 2020, just before the Covid-19 pandemic hit us all hard. Well I chose to stay safe & grow lots of different varieties of Cannabis…'ya might say I’m “Cannabis-Quarantining it” with the plants! Love it! :leafy_green:

4 Likes

Looks great @Butterflymusic!

Even the strain name sounds tasty

1 Like

I’ve never tried it, but when she’s ready after the curing…I can’t wait! I’ll come back and let you know.

1 Like

Man that sounds interesting. Can’t wait to hear how it smokes.

1 Like

This was taken on August 22, 2020. The flowering is sure now. She sits between a Strawberry/Banana and a Lemon Sorbet. She’s the Queen Kush Mints at this time; the other two are just entering into their first & second weeks; each being a week apart and much behind the Queen. I’ll keep you posted ~ daily if I’m able to, but nevertheless, they all three are absolutely gorgeous to watch! Peace.

3 Likes

Yup, Queen Kush Mints is going to be a high one on my list to try once all the curing is done. What I want to do, is since I suck at starting clones, I want to learn how to “Regenerate” her after she flowers. These plants have been through 75 mile an hour winds & higher as I wasn’t out there with a wind meter. They’ve gone through 109 degree temperatures. These are tough! I’ll keep you all posted, Rye, and share the photos of my babies. Peace.

3 Likes

This is Queen Kush Mints on August 18, 2020. We were having a midnight watering and I thought I’d snap a photo. I keep my plants happy. I play music in the rooms as babies to fruition. My Grandpa always had a radio in his pocket when he did his gardening; he said the plants liked it, so I carry on the tradition…well if you would all tell me what you think…does the organic &n musical environment help? My family has always had deep roots in growing plants; not cannabis plants…I’m the only rebel. This would have been the Queen’s second week of flowering. I’ve kept up a great diary on my plants, as this is just one, the others are just as beautiful. I’m just a proud Plantsy Mama & wanna share my grow; hoping it provides scientific value & beauty, I forever am embedded into the heart of the Cannabis plants. Peace.

3 Likes

I love playing music for my plants, both my cannabis and my veggies and flowers outdoors. There have been quite a few studies done on this subject. Your plants are beautiful.

2 Likes

Rye, have you ever gotten “Stunk” by your plants before? When I walk by the flowering ones, even the pre-flowering one, they throw some of their “Stink” at me…it’s the cutest thing!

I was thinking of writing a cannabis song…or something like that has a nice flow. They seem to like all sorts of music; from Classical to Jazz…even my fav…Beyonce! Plants are people. My Mom used to tell me, “Those plants are people…I know there’s gotta be a person in there because they just seem so alive & beautiful.” Play even a ball game; I think they just want to know someone loves them enough to give them noise they like.

Here’s Kush Mints yesterday; she’s on week 3 of flowering. I was wondering…about how much bud could one branch? Her cousins are getting bigger too…Strawberry/Banana (barely showing flowering on 8/24) & Lemon Sorbet.

I’m going to look into the studies; it’s just so interesting. Thanks so much for sharing. I’m really liking this website; I’ve never felt like I wanted to share my grow before, but this is cool, man! Nice folks; nice information; nice weed. :wink:

3 Likes

All the time. Its interesting to me. When I open my grow you get a huge whiff of the buds, but then it goes away. Also if I walk in downstairs and have had the grow open I notice it immediately and then it seems to fade quickly.

1 Like

Rye, if only we had ‘SmellaVision’ could you smell the overwhelmingly satisfying minty, mintzzzzzzeeee & mint-mint smell that’s coming out of this beautiful girl! I could smell this Kush Mints from my upstairs bedroom window! Lovely & yummy, that’s all I can say. Just took this photo. She’s bushing out, but her branches look strong enough to hold the buds when it gets close to harvest. Since she’s flowering so quickly now, it’s going to be interesting to see how long she takes. Because I want to re-grow for a second time, as I’ve never done that, I’ll be giving her the recipe to bring her back after flowering is completed. Have you ever grown for a second time after harvest? It’s like the best time of year…the harvest time…can’t wait! I’m like a kid just waiting to open the gift…but I gotta wait…sooooooooo worth the wait!

2 Likes