Kind Soil Grow Planned

Decided to settle down and try a 6 plant medical grow utilizing Kind Soil and Coco Loco. Has anyone out there tried this yet. I recently discovered my neighbors also have a medical garden and he has grown for 40 plus years and he settled on Kind a few years back. Just looking for others that have tried it. Thanks a lot!

4 Likes

I have used ff coco loco for about a year. It seems too work well. I’ve been using three gallon fabric pots. the root ball seems to be close to same size as the fabric pots at the end.

2 Likes

Welcome Corey. I’m a Newbie also. Just took down my first harvest, which were two Sugar Black Rose (Fem/Photo) and one Banana Kush Auto. I did everything wrong (used Miracle-Gro soil and no nutrients) cause I didn’t know much. But I got two 1-qt jars of buds out of it, so when they’re cured I’ll let everyone know how they are.

Just beginning my 2nd Grow tomorrow. Got some Fox Farm soil (brown bag) and some good Flowering nutes: Tiger Bloom and Cultivation Nation Bloom. I’ve heard good things about Coco Loco. My 2x2x4 ft tent got over-run in the Stretch, which made a big mess out of things so my 2nd Grow will be one plant - a Purple Kush Auto which is supposed to grow only 60 cm tall…though I’ve learned to ignore what I’m told, about the seeds I bought lol. They have a mind of their own. I am also now armed with the knowledge of LST & Bending etc. so with only one plant to focus on, I’m optimistic.

I’m using 3-gallon fabric pots. Will post pics in a few weeks. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hello, I feel everything you wrote about your 1st grow. I’m sure #2 will be different & scary at the same time

Can’t wait to see how things go.

1 Like

Hey OK. Well, here she is, on December 26th - 44 days from seed. My Main plant is “all over the place”, having been tied-down to try and create a level canopy. That didn’t happen, but she’s been in Flower since the end of Week 3.

Ya, I wound up with 3 plants anyway, in this tiny tent LOL. One is my Backup plant (another Purple Kush Auto), in a 6" pot. I Topped it early, and pruned everything off except four Leaders. It is doing better than my Main plant, which might or might not be in a bit of Nutrient lock. The buds are small, but there are many of them. Meanwhile, the buds on my Backup plant are swollen and the plant seems healthier…damn! I’m going to try 1 teaspoon of Epsom salts in a gal of water for my Main plant.

Oh and the 3rd one was a Test seed, planted December 1st. A Lowryder Autoflower. It’s doing well.

The LEAVES on both my Main & Backup plant have all become Thin, while the Fan leaves down low are already yellowing & dying off. What do you all think? Deficiency, or Normal? I’m just pulling off the Yellow leaves, one & two each day.

Main Plant

Backup Plant

Lowryder

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::fireworks::pray::sparkler:

1 Like

If Auto are like photos she is going to throw those big fan leaves and concentrate on keeping the buds bulking up and getting sticky so it is normal to have a few yellow leaves every other day or so. Plants look pretty good and healthy though I think.

1 Like

I checked & watered them today. The buds are fatter than yesterday. I am thrilled. According to “expectations” of these seeds, I’ve got about 3 weeks/25 days to go. That’s just a Guesstimate of course…and usually wrong lol. The trichomes/pistils will tell the Tale. It’s hard…patience was never my long suit lol.

I think this is the best time when you see the buds change form and size and everything overnight every night it’s pretty cool. And I agree patience was never my virtue either it’s harder than ever to wait for something to ripen. .

The wait is the worst. Can’t wait to germinate 2 seeds in a few weeks.

1 Like

You were right. My two Purple Kush Autos have both shed all their fan leaves, leaving long, bud-strewn Leaders with lots of thin, small Sugar leaves. The buds on my Backup plant are enormous…go figure lol. It’s a Bud Monster. I’m worried that I’ll Blow It somehow, it’s looking so good. My Main plant - the buds are thickening slowly. There are MANY bud sites…geez I think 20 or more. Holding my breath, and praying that the health of my plants holds up.

Backup plant in a 6-in. pot. Those top buds are twice as thick as my thumb, and Firm. A shame this seed didn’t find its way into a bigger gro-bag.

About 22 inches tall.

1 Like

That purple kush is one of my favorite strains to grow my last one turned into a five and a half foot monster it dropped 8 oz of cured bud. And the reason I got the seed is because it said it wouldn’t get over to three and a half foot tall.They lied lol

That main Bud ended up being 27" tall and 10" in diameter

1 Like

They may have Lied, but…Sweet! :laughing:

I agree I was more than happy to have her get that big!

1 Like

Probably got so big because her container was so big. But what does is newbie know :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You could be right. But I’d like to just think it was my superb growing methods that did it LOL

2 Likes

@dmtscravey pheno variance and container size as well as your skilled gardening hands is what did it. White widow doesn’t usually grow bigger than 3 or 4 feet but I got a pheno variance one time I managed to get 7 feet tall. :joy:

1 Like

I agree I think container size has a lot to do with the size of the plant also. I mean historically a plant’s upper canopy size will match or just exceed the spread of the roots below it. In most plants anyway.

2 Likes

Update 01/12/2020 We’re getting close here. Could be 2-3 weeks till harvest - I dunno. I’m having a bit of a problem with leaf tips curling & brown. Not sure if it’s nute burn or deficiency, as I have not fed this plant much. I did sprinkle a bit of Dr. Earth’s Flower Girl bud booster on top of the soil and mixed it in. This stuff is all Organic and at the measure I use of it, not likely to burn anything.

Input, anyone? I don’t want to change anything drastically, as I’m almost done (except that Lowryder on the bottom right)…More nutes or less? Molasses? Epsom salts? I feel the need to do something…

Uppermost Cola on main plant. Fattening nicely, but leaves are in distress. ???