Inside/outside grow

Beth, you know my soil is about the same as yours…I use NO NATIVE SOIL…I bought organic soil (my first load was from the county recycle center - I made a raised bed and used it as the foundation). I add compost, organic soil, and home made mulch along with amendments to nurture it into a living acceptable substrate. I add about 20-30% perlite, 20-30% peat/coca, 10-20% vermiculite, and amendments. I do mix in about 10% natural soil for all the calcium in it but I also add gypsum, dolomite and plenty egg shells. To boost it, I add the living ingredients . Guano, kelp, molasses, minerals, azomite, Epsom salt, a few others and add carbon (my mulching, aged for 1 year) as a compost. I also add N,P,K at the start…then only in feedings as needed at the proper timing

It’s good adobi. Mix in lots of peat moss and pumice for drainage and fertilize it with good compost, and something for N, P and K. I use phosphate rock, bone meal and archipelago bat guano for the P. I use greensand, langbeinite and potash for K and chicken manure with straw litter for N and some P and K.

1 Like

Yep all three of us could make great adobe houses. Thanks fore the egg shell, I keep forgetting those.

I’m interested in what you guys are doing particularly with this type of soil and learning all I can.
I can use what I learn also on tomatoes they like similar soil to pot. I grow my veggies during the summer. Water is going to become more and more a challenge here in the west. The better techniques I learn the better grower I can become no matter what I’m growing.

I have never had a pot fail because of heat. It rarely gets up into the high 90s here. And burying the pot most of the way up and giving it a good mulch covering moderates the temp of the soil. It stays lots cooler than if the pots were up in 80s to 90s degree air.

What are you growing Beth?

I’m growing a couple of Sativas, Super Lemon Haze and Strawberry Cough and an Indica Granddaddy Purple. I regularly use the GDP as my pain med and helps with insomnia. I like the Sativas to help counter act depression and anxiety that go along with chronic pain and these 2 aren’t racy. I must admit I love SLH and GDP. Pot is very today different from the stuff I smoked in the '70s. :open_mouth: What are you growing?

1 Like

You are doing what I’m doing to grow veggies, raised bed. I don’t use cocoa but do use peat and lots of perlite, lots of Black Gold soil and just started using guano recently. I may have to put a sunshade out there, every thing is baking. I really like your advice to use egg shells, I keep forgetting. I am getting all the supplies to make a compost tea.

I built a shade trellis using schedule pvc 40 from home depot, shade material, also from there
My teas - 5 gal pails…Kelp…some leaves from the yard, drop of molasses, milk (yes…steamed), some Epson salt, I put egg shells in a blender, add vinegar, little water, let it sit for a week, add it to the tea…I aerate the tea with a simple airstone and fish tank air pump. I use it as a foliar spray and tea to water, but it has to cool off if you have it outside. I put it in a spray bottle and 1 gal milk jug, bring those in to cool and use them after they have reached room temp. The tomato love the calcium (not end rot)…I water my tomato - couple mimutes drip EVERY HOUR -for 8 hours…just a 2/3 minute drip… I add bloom nutes and top dress to get more flowers…I grow Hawaii strain to deal with the heat

1 Like

My current favorites are Cinderella 99 to start the day and Bianca later, and on days I just don’t feel like doing anything physical because of pain.in my legs mostly. I have several others I’m working with, selecting strains and phenotypes to propagate.

1 Like

Thanks for the recipe. Steamed milk? When you say let it sit for a week, where, fridge, room? How potent is your recipe? Is it OK as is or do you cut it with Ph corrected water after it cools? I got my 5 gal pail, a small fish tank pump and an aerator.

Last I heard Nero was in Rome playing "The devil went to Pompeii ":fire::fire::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::v:

1 Like

From the temps I see, I think the devil went to Vegas and Phoenix. “Burning down the house” :fire: :fire:

1 Like
4 Likes

OMG. Hilarious I love this.

1 Like

I have some fabric pots sitting on top of a raised bed that i built, & now the roots are growing through the bottom of the fabric so thats where they live now, they are re-vegged clones that are really doing well, & i think it is due to the roots having that much more soil to grow in, I just hope i didnt stress the one i tried to pick up when i realized the roots were taking hold…

2 Likes

Man what a nightmare, reading about all of you and what you are doing to fight the heat. It’s making me worry for you about the heat. I don’t know what I do if you got that hot. Everything around Seattle would dry up and fall over. We’ve been in the 70s all week here. They say it might hit the 80s today. What are you doing the hundreds besides melting. Yikes.

3 Likes