In week 1 flower Lower yellow leaves

Before the went into flower I noticed the lower leaves where turning yellow. I want to say it’s in week one flower. Maybe I didn’t put enough nitrogen before flower? Idk…first time growing outdoor…

3 Likes

She looks great on top man I’m not worried at all. She’s got some extra foliage she’s letting go of though underneath there.

It wouldn’t hurt at all to snap off a bunch of those interior fan leaves - some more bud sites will find enough light and get ya a nice nugget.

2 Likes

You do have a heck of a canopy on her though nice job again man. :+1: She might be getting big for that pot. I might give her some worm castings and bone meal but I wouldn’t want to add much extra nitrogen.

1 Like

this symptom will also be seen late in flowering on many strains and is perfectly natural as the plant draws in nutrients from the leaves toward the end of its life. Some growers prefer to give extra nitrogen to slow or prevent this and others like to let nature take its course. As CurrDogg said, as long as the tops are green and do not show deficiency there, the plant is absorbing nutrition from the UN NEEDED to FEED THE NEEDED…The needs of one outweighs the needs of the many…lol
I personally defoliate that underbrush as it pretty much just robs nutes from the tops. Just NO MORE THAN 20-30% st s time, heal (week to 10day), repeat

1 Like

Thanks brotha :pray::100: I just cleaned her up. Removed the sucker buds and skinny things that won’t reach the top or amount to anything. Thanks again for the help, I’ve been leaning of Ed rosenthals book and watching a lot of Kyle kushman. Couldn’t find people to teach me. so making this profile really has helped , thanks again my guy!

2 Likes

Ahhh man thank you MRB53004, I was getting a little worried. I knew a grow sensei like yourself would help me out. You made it clear for me to understand :pray::pray::100::100:. Haha “the needs of one outweighs the needs of man” haha.
I defoliate the bottom and she’s looking nice with all that yellow dead leaves gone. Probably thanking me. Thanks again for the knowledges, your awesome . You always bring my skills/game up boss :100:

1 Like

Mike is rite,a plant in flower will rob nutrients from the lower leaves to feed nutrients to the bud sites,they yellow and dry up.I would also cut alot of those leaves on her lower half if I were you.If you lolli pop your plant you end up with huge colas on top.

2 Likes

This is how it looks later in flower too. I just saw an almost identical thread at the same time as yours. It seem relevant to tie to this one.

I reposted someone else’s pic I hope that’s ok.

2 Likes