In need of help

My leafs are turning brown and dry looking

Hi! Looks to be a nutrient deficiency of sorts. Possibly lack of potassium. Could be a combination of things.
More info needed to have more of a baseline as to what’s going on.
Soil type? Nutrients? Watering routine?
PH of water? Lights? Temp and humidity levels?
Others with more green thumbs should be able to get you in the right direction.

Soil type is Foxfarm Happy Frog
Nutrients is FoxFarm Grow Big 3tsp per gallon
Nutrients also I did Foxfarm Big Bloom 6tsp per gal
Ph is roughly around 6.5
Lights are 2 Ac Infinity t22s side by side in a 4 by 4
Temp is 80° F
Humidity is 60%
I feel I over did the Big Bloom. And if so do I flush now or wait till soil is dry?

Good evening!
Good to know items…
I think your correct about Big Bloom.
I was reading the info listed on the product.
It states Big Bloom is gentle enough to use in all stages of growth.
With the combination of Grow Big as well it looks like an overload of nutrients.
I would hold off on the fox farm stuff for now. I don’t have experience with flushing. From what I’ve read , it looks like it could use it.
Before starting my 1st grow I tried to read plenty of info on grow mediums and using nutrients. From what I concluded with mixing liquid ingredients is to use a much lower amount as per manufacturer recommendation.
Adjusting ph after adding nutrients is also a good.
I use the AC Infinity S22 for my 3x3. The recommended light intensity during veg is 80% at a height of 18".
Wish I had more useful info on flushing.
Others in the know might chime in and have good info.
Keep us updated!
Cheers!

1 Like

Here’s some other useful info…

1 Like

Info on flushing…
https://cleanleaf.com/how-and-when-to-flush-cannabis.php#:~:text=Flushing%20cannabis%20removes%20leftover%20nutrient,harsh%20and%20unsatisfying%20end-product

Ok so you for sure are killing it with nutrients. Since you are using fox farm nutrients you need to remember these are not made for cannabis plants they are made for regular plants and vegetables and such. It is really strong and less is more. The Big Bloom isn’t so bad that is like 2 TBSP but that also depends on how often you are feeding. The Grow Big I would do about half of whatever the bottle says…in fact that is a good rule of thumb to start with any bottled nutes. Everything else seems fine. I used fox farm for the first 2 years of growing but I used the Open Sesame/Beastie Blooms/Cha Ching and the Bushdoctor line of products with great success but have now moved on to Organics after learning about the Soil Food Web.

So to flush the plant you are going to have to run 3 to 5 times the amount of ph’d water based on the size of the pot. So if you are in a 5 gallon pot you need to run at least 15 gallons minimum and check your runoff. I recently had to flush my plants and it sucked…it ate up an entire weekend because I had to do 9 plants in various sized pots. Good luck and keep us updated

1 Like

I feel like it is nutrient burn back your nutrients off a little I use like half of what they say cause I feel like I still get great results without the fear of burning the plant.