Ideas on curing process

So I’m at harvest time and the learning curve is steep. Been reading alot about the curing process and would love to hear some of your processes.

In my doing my research I realized I knew alot of the material I was reading, from curing meats and cheeses as a chef. So now the wheels are turning to make a cure chamber. The ones on the market are crazy expensive.

1 Like

For curing bud making a dark closet or box with airflow and a rh of approximately 50-60% for the first 10 to 14 days is optimal. Once it feels dry to the touch but not quite crispy do a smoke test. If it tokes just right it’s time for jar curing for a few weeks.

If you don’t have a way to make a closet or drying box with humidity and temp control a dark place with lots of air flow will do for the drying until you jar for the actual curing. I use a clothesline in an old closet with a fan on on the ground under the buds but not pointed directly at them.

1 Like

I live in an old house with a coal chute from the kitchen to the basement so I take and hang my branches on the door to the coal chute and close it with them down in it and the breeze between the 2 floors dries them for about 10-14 days. If I have a big harvest I hang some of the branches up in the closet where the coal shoot is also because they don’t all fit down in the shoot.then I clip the buds off the stem put them in a wide mouth jar and leave the lid off for another 2 or 3 days at least. Then seal the jar and check it every day to make sure the buds are not rehydrating to make sure they don’t get moldy and that’s how I do it.

my last harvest, I use a big ass card board box n I’ll poke holes in it then put the stems thru the holes so that the bud is inside the box then I’ll put a safty pin through the stem to keep it from sliding through the hole, then I cut a 1 or 2 square foot window into the side then I put it where ever suits me best at that time, and I also pretty much follow the standard recommendations by homegrown and kyle kushman after jarring

I constantly shake the jars to keep buds from sticking together burp twice a week and i flip jars also so air gets around the buds