I think I'm getting close to flip

Week 5 of veg. am I getting close to flower or am I just getting anxious?

5 Likes

That is up to you and your environment. You can continue VEG mode if you want more growth. So the next questions are: How tall is your tent (you will need 2 feet just for FLOWER STRETCH), how much light do you have (can your light support the growth), How soon do you want to harvest (average 7-10 weeks of flowering to harvest).
I cannot see anything here but the canopy. It looks very good, the plants look healthy and you have a good amount of tops. Old rule - the larger the root, the bigger / more fruit. How many containers, what size…you do not want root crowding or trying to get more when the environment cannot support it. Extending the veg stage doesn’t necessarily increase the yield, it just makes smaller buds and more of them. You figure 1 gallon of soil for 1 foot of plant.

4 Likes

If you are ready for an explosion in growth, sure! :star_struck: Along with what @Mrb53004 said because that root growth is important. Beautiful plants. :v:t2:

3 Likes

I have 9 bruce banners in 5gallon buckets of soil and the net is set at 32’’ above the floor this leaves me 22" of room for growth below my lights. I have plenty of light power ( 600 watts) in reserve. I think I may have too many plants in my tent but I don’t know what to do with the extras. One thing in the back of my mind is that I will be retiring and moving to my new house (on Ky. lake) in May.

3 Likes

Sounds like you are ready to flip then. I asked the same question with mine a month ago. @MDBuds told me for 5 gallon buckets and 4 sq ft per plant shoot for 16-20 buds per plant. A month farther along now I can see the difference in bud size between the 4 per sq ft plants and the higher count ones. It is looking like what @Mrb53004 said is coming true as all the plants look like the yeild will be comparable regardless of some having more buds.

2 Likes

FLIP NOW or forever hold your peace… :rofl:

2 Likes

I just took down my carbon filter and I am going to move exhaust fan and filter to out side the tent. I should gain 8 more inches of head room. I guess I’ll keep tucking branches under the net for another 9 days, then flip into flower.

It’s hard to be patient sometimes. Time wise as long as I start flower by the 12th I should be able to get them done by the end of April (10 weeks) . As always thanks for advice and information

1 Like

I do the same thing, keep my exhaust and filter OUTSIDE. I also custom built my light and got 6’ leads from the driver so I could place my driver on top of my tent and get a few more inches and not HEAT from the driver. I have an 8 bar, 389 led per bar, samsung 301b mixed with Ir and Uv with a dimmer. I just put it in YESTERDAY! WoHoo!
I can lower the light to 3.5, maybe 3 feet above the floor… I will use my dimmer to make up for the space to the top of the plants so I do not have to prop up the containers or build a floating floor. That only covers 25 sq ft of my tent. I use 2 more lights in the remaining 7 sq ft I have and that is where I get them to the sweet spot - 18-24 inch

3 Likes

@brucealmighty :laughing: Have a Laugh bruce bro :v: 80 Watts

1 Like

Think this setup would work for Belladonna?

2 Likes

we feed this to our Trees even. in the Desert Mountains all natural. you can remove anything preserved With a small dose of Baking Powder and a Coffee Filter using only the Juice and no plant matter

2 Likes

I think because I’m studying with a doctor out your way, I’m super interested in desert medicinals. I’d like to have a whole room with them. It’s also because they make me vibrate a little different since there is the whole dying factor if you eat/ingest the wrong thing, but fear is caused by willful ignorance at some point. This means, I have to study it all so I can write my own encyclopedia one day. :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes