I need scrog tips

Hey guys, gonna be scroging soon, I bought a net like 2 years ago n never even attempted to use it, I really only know the basic concept of this training method, so any advice or tips u can give is very much appreciated!

2 Likes

Train horizontal as much as you can. Get the plant as wide and bushy as possible before you net and flower. Top and fim multiple times depending on strain. Keep it in veg until you have enough tops to fill the scrog. You can do this with one plant over longer veg period or with multiple plants. Once you have the net filled trim everything on the plant under the net and flip to flower.

4 Likes

Yes, the training before I get to the net is what I need instruction on the most, it also says let it grow naturally until 10 inches b4 starting to top, and also I will only be topping the strong branches that will make it to the net 20 inches above and cutting everything else away, correct?

2 Likes

You can adjust the net height to whatever you need so the height isn’t nearly as important as training. Some plants barely grow to 20 inches even after flowering. I would start the HST at 5 nodes myself. Top twice then fim twice. Should give you roughly 12 to 16 tops plus the side branches that catch up. You can also fim the side branches that catch up as they reach the canopy. You can do more but it all depends on how many plants and the size of your net and grow space.

You are correct about trimming though. Cut off everything under the net before you flip to flower. Branches and leaves. You want all of the light and energy focused on the tops above the net.

2 Likes

Awesome info, n yea that’s what I was thinking it didnt seem possible to get this kind of growth from all strains, n I have a 4x4 but I use a 2x2 and a 2x4, the 2x4 is what I’m scroging, my net however has big holes like 8-10 inches, what I seen online everyone has smaller nets so that concerned me a bit lol but thank you @MDBuds I’ll certainly need ur input as this grow progresses, ty so much brother

2 Likes

@eggs you’re welcome man. You can also put 2 to 3 tops through those bigger nets. The ones I usually use are the 4x4 ones with 36 to 48 6"x6" or 4"x4" growing spaces. They work best imo just in case you get some giant thick dense colas. The 8"x8" ones work too but I’d use that for a plant with monster colas like a Moby dick or something.

2 Likes

All ways remember the more you top and fim the more you feed they eat alot

:v::grin:

![f486d5a6dff49604f8d3d423fb6104ba57a20fea_2_750x1000|375x500] (upload://bMk62og973GmdDs36U7saxtDYOb.jpeg)