I need help saving?

That one is more for cloning. The mycorrhizae are beneficial bacteria and fungi that you want in your soil. They’ll work with the plant to get the most out of your soil.

Here’s the one I use- Great White

1 Like

Cool
Tnx I didn’t want to buy the wrong 1. I was glad you can help.

That’s great advice currdog. I’m a big fan live soil and mycoboost myself. I have switched and had good luck with the Mycos. It seems to be a lot cheaper than the great white. I switched because of the price difference. Great white great stuff too. I have used it plenty.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I transplanted today and used that great white on her into a 3.0!gallon pot. @CurrDogg420

1 Like

Nice man! She’s looking way better now! :+1:

2 Likes

Was wondering I think it’s been a month since I’ve put nutrients in with ph water @CurrDogg420 would be good if I fed both plants with all 4 nutrients or 3 with my water this evening and I did just transplanted both 2 days ago as well?

Hey @Zman_79 ,

Did you end up mixing the worm castings and fertilizer in to the potting mix? Those should actually take care of the plant just fine - all you’ll need to do is add water and train her.

Mother Nature created an entire ecosystem to provide for your plants nutrition: the soil. Healthy soil is alive with beneficial bacteria and fungi that are constantly breaking down and composting the organic matter.

When your plant does photosynthesis, it’s producing sugars that feed these microbes, and in turn they help your plant access nutrients from the soil that it can’t easily access itself.

The worm castings and fertilizer are trying to sort of take a shortcut to having a healthy living soil in your pots.

I actually don’t fertilize at all when I’m in veg - I end up transplanting about every 2 weeks so they’re always getting some fresh food from the new soil.

You want to let your plant ask for more food. And if you think it’s asking, be real sure it’s not an overwatering problem. You just have to sort of learn to listen to her.

Yes I followed that recipe. So just watering for now on? I was meaning to ask would I feed her nutrients with the water once a month? Or that’s down the line maybe during flowering stage?

1 Like

Yep, just add water, and give her a new pot and some fresh soil when she asks. Its that simple. The plant and soil will work together to do the rest.

Once in flower, you don’t want to transplant anymore, so that’s when you might need a little extra boost to get through that second month.

I like to transplant one final time going in to flower into a fabric pot. So they’re good for about a month or so.

1 Like

Ok cool I didn’t want too hurt my baby again. Was just making sure thank you very much.

No problem! :handshake: I’m happy you got her sorted out. Now, you got some more time to work on her training! Gotta get her ready for when the real work begins- growing big ass buds.

1 Like

1 Like

How’s it going @CurrDogg420 was showing you the progress so far. So I probably haven’t fed them any nutrients almost a month. Should I give them all these nutrients this weekend with my ph water or just keep going with (Just only) water with no nutrients at all? Since it’s been almost a month?

They’re looking great man! :+1: The smaller one is a photoperiod too right? That’s about when I like to top them for the first time.

The soil mix should take you from seed to harvest - just add water - if you keep the plant in the right size pot. They look to be in 1.5 gallon?

I think they’ll be good in those for a couple more weeks. The larger one will need a new pot sooner. The plant will be roughly the same size of the pot before it starts getting hungry.

I just chopped this tent down. They never got a drop of bottled nutrients, molasses, or compost tea. Just my soil mix and water. I top dressed them with the castings and dry fertilizer in week 2 and 4 of flower.

I kept them in the right size pots until they were big enough to fill my tent. Then I transplanted one final time before flipping to flower and doubled the size from 3 up to 7 gallon.

2 Likes

The big 1 is in 3 gallon pot and the small 1 is in 1.5. What if I had a 5 gallon pot. (Which I have 2). And was transplanting it to there for my final. When would you think be a good time to switch the tall 1 like you said sooner? Like a week or 2?

Yeah that sounds like a good plan. The plant will let you know when it wants the next size up. It will start to look hungry - you’ll see the green fade to yellow a bit in the lower canopy. And it will probably seem thirsty too.

Do get that cal-mag though. When growing in coco, a lot of people run into deficiencies in those. If the plant starts looking hungry before it’s filled the pot, it might be a cal-mag deficiency.

I rinse my coco first in cal-mag water. When you get it in the bags, it’s supposed to have been rinsed already, but that quality control can vary.

That’s where the bottles come in in my opinion- to correct a deficiency in the soil. That’s why they use it in Big Ag. If you have a healthy soil, the plant can manage its own nutrition.

1 Like