Humidifier recommendation

If u put a humidifier in your tent you have a good chance of getting mold, all winter rh was 20% put pot of water in tent to evaporate but had no problem in fact my rh right now is 16% and plants dont mind last plant is drooping bc its her beftime first 2 pics are an unknown autoflower at around 30 days they have a co2 bag in tent and pot of water to evaporate and there fine.

last 3 pics were my winter grow 2 3 bears og a 1 ghost haze they did not mind low rh 1 bit, i did have humidifier in room away from tent but started to get leaf splotch so took it out and no problem. pic 4 ghost haze pics 5 & 6 3 bears og.

2 Likes

I run a humidifier in every grow ever, and to this day never had any mold or other issues associated with high humidity. Theres a lot more than just the RH% that accounts for mold etc. And if your not controlling the VPD your plants are not breathing properly and that affect yield.

2 Likes

I also have NEVER had mold from Rh…or any other issues associated with high humidity levels…I had a 2500 sq ft room that got so humid once that water was dripping off the leaves of the plants…what I did have was air circulation, ventilation and quick responses to conditions. When I did get mold, it was usually from spores that were on CLONES I would buy. I would drive out to cali and pick up 40-60 clones when I need a quick grow…

2 Likes

I got an airplus from Amazon 1yr on 24/7 almost , not bad .

1 Like

you have that much humidity that you need a DEHUMIDIFIER? And it runs almost 24/7? Where / how do you vent the heat from the exchange?

Yes , I live next to the swamps , it’s horribly humid. You go outside 5 minutes and you sweat buckets . Is the only way I can keep this area under 50%

you need to grow Swamp Bud

1 Like

I dont use humidifiers it leads to mold and leaf blotch, i put a pot of water in tent and let evaporate.

1 Like

Use a reptile humidifier, comes with 2 hoses that let out humidity, control it with the rainbird humidifier control. Aka set a humidity level and it stops it at another one before getting to high or too low.

I just transplanted my ladies and noticed white spots on the inside of my tent down towards the bottom as well as on the cloth charcoal filter cover of my inline exhaust fan, of course I was freaking out. I wiped the tent down, do you know if the cloth cover should be left on or take it off the charcoal filter? The humidity level was around 60% temp at 70-75. I did have a fan that was somewhat on the mist from the humidifier. I appreciate your post, is there any more info you can share on this issue? Thanks :v:

I typically use this on nights where my boyfriend and I are congested or we feel like we’re coming done with something. I use it every night now to help with post nasal drip and let me tell you this is the perfect size! The water is always running and we constantly refill it to ensure it’s fresh. Love!