How to water when 7 days gone

Hey out there…I have some 5 day old auto seedlings in Dixie cups…Will move them to 3gal pots tomorrow…I am leaving them under led lights…I am in a pickle in that I have to leave town for a week… I’m afraid that the plants will die from lack of water…
I plan on throughly watering the soil and laying wet kitchen towels over the soil…Idea thinking to keep moisture trapped in the soil from evaporation…Anybody think this will work?? How about some other ideas??

have any old soda bottles? Drill / punch a small hole so it DRIPS…very slow / small hole / stand it in the container but do not block the drip hole. Doesn’t have to be in the cap, you can puncture near the neck of the bottle…If moving to 3gal pots…in the upper level of substrate, use more peat / cocoa so it drains into the lower substrate if you get thr root ball / zone under the layer of coco/peat, you will not have to amend with nutes…the soil will feed the plants

2 Likes

Thanks…Also diy Google…Jess, there’s all kinds of ways to water while outa town…
Even saw some "oh ya, did that decade’s back…Deja vu stuff…