How to grow NYC Diesel Feminized - Q&A

Here is the space to talk and ask questions about NYC Diesel Feminized, if you want to purchase this product you can buy NYC Diesel Feminized marijuana seeds here.

Started 6 of these girls in some topsoil we bought for our garden, mixed with some of our home compost and some organic fertilizer. Basically the same potting mix I made for our garden plants this spring. A bit denser than you’d normally use for an indoor plant.

It took about a month for them to get to this point, which is a day or two before I topped them for the first time. After a few days I transplanted to 1.5 gallon plastic pots and moved them into my tent.

I switched up my potting mix at this point to a blend of about 70% coco, 20% worm castings, 10% perlite, plus organic dry fertilizer blends: 4-4-4 during veg and 4-8-4 during flower.

These girls have grown “au naturale” their entire life.
No bottled nutes, molasses, or anything else was added. I top dressed with the fertilizer and worm castings in weeks 2 and 4 of flower. Then I just watered when dry with tap water (aerated and dechlorinated for 24 hrs, and pH adjusted to 6.5).

I had my foot to the floor with the light - they got a little over 500 umol/s during the seedling stage, 700 in veg, and 800-1500 in flower.

Temperature was held pretty steady though veg at 75F day and night. In flower the temps went up a bit to 80-85 day, 75 night. I had added a second light in the tent and we were also starting into summer. But the RH has held pretty steady around 50% throughout.

My tent has both intake and exhaust fans, and I’ve got the AC Infinity controller on the intake side. The intake blows into the back corner on the floor of the tent and I think the plants really responded to all the air exchange and circulation. It was also regulating the temp very well at least until I added the second light.

I vegged them for 10 weeks. They spent a little over 2 weeks in the 1.5 gallon pots, and another 2 in 3 gallon plastic, before I transplanted to their final 7 gallon fabric pots. I tied branches down to create an even canopy and topped the main 2 tops a second time before they moved to the 3 gallon.

This pic was 2 days before I flipped. I had just given the cola branches the Kushman treatment and transplanted to the 7 gallon pots.

I’m currently in week 8 of flower looking at the biggest buds I’ve ever seen in my life. I had heard Sativas can produce airy buds but that has not been the case - they are dense and the size of a coke can. Except a foot long. The branches were holding their own until about week 6, but the trellis net was absolutely needed after that to keep some of the buds from resting on the sides of the tent.

They didn’t stretch 200% on me like it said, I think the intense light kept it to a minimum. I didn’t ramp it up, it’s been pedal to the metal from day 1.

1 Like

@CurrDogg420 did you harvest these pretty ladies yet?

1 Like

I did. 5/6 plants got chopped at 8.5 weeks, and the last one went for 10. It spent its last week and a half outdoors.

My mom and I trimmed and jarred half of it up yesterday. I’m sharing this harvest with my mom and sister who are both medical users.

The jar smells like a tailpipe but I don’t get a lot of it in the taste - it’s more citrusy on the tongue. But I haven’t sampled all of them yet.