How To Germinate Seeds Successfully With Proven Methods

Originally published at: https://homegrowncannabisco.com/grow-your-own-with-kyle-kushman/growing-stages/how-to-germinate-seeds/

Germination jumpstarts the growth cycle of cannabis plants. It is when the seeds begin to sprout after a period of dormancy, or when the pre-existing life inside it awakens. For this process to occur, the ovules need adequate levels of water, heat, and air.

1 Like

I cant get my seeds to flower. Why ?

1 Like

I’ve been using the wet paper towel method for years. Works great.

Sometimes not every seed will germinate

2 Likes

I put my seed in water for a full day then move it to a damp paper towel in a baggie then to the growimg medium of your choice

3 Likes

I honestly skip the soak in water glass, I actually go straight for the wet paper towel. Works great for me

2 Likes

Hey @Hollengang420 welcome to the forum.

1 Like

I put straight into soil I find you don’t get so many troublesome seed shells I think it’s because as it’s pushing up thru the soil helps remove the shell

1 Like

@Sid8ted i like mine to pop out of the soil undisturbed

GG #4 Fem.

I do that same thing I use four paper towels and I fold them till I have a half a paper towel and I put it in a paper plate two one on one. And I keep it wet and I pour off the excse water. And I have the paper towel folded over so I don’t loose any seeds and I put them in the soil after they pop. Hope this helps you and I have done it this way for over 30 years. Stay safe and grow happy

1 Like