How’s my seedling looking?

Hey everyone I’m on day 3 with my girl Velma - she’s a Shogun 70%sativa 30%indica strain in Kellogg organic potting mix.

I am concerned with the little lean and the fact that her stem is red - should I be concerned or is this normal?

Any feedback would be great!

1 Like

Hi, the stems are sometimes purple, so I wouldn’t worry about. I would get the little one transplanted into a bigger container. Shock from being root bound or transplanting could cost you a couple of days of growth. So for photos I try to cut the grow time to 18 weeks or less and who wants to wait another week or more for buds to get ripe. When you transplant these things don’t disturb the dirt around the root or it might cost more time to recover. Your well on your way to being a weed farmer.

1 Like

When you transplant cover the stem some more for support, she is top heavy. :yin_yang:

1 Like

Few, glad the purple stems are okay I was having a panic attack that I was getting temps too high or PH wrong

I was aiming to transplant into a 7 gallon pit as soon as she gets her next set of leaves developed- is that too long to wait?

Seedlings temp is 70° - 80° and RH 65 - 70%. keep them happy

That’s about the range I’ve been keeping her at during the day with an oscillating fan giving her a light breeze. I’ve also been covering her at night with a glass dome filled with humid air…is that too much humidity for this stage?

If its a photoperiod wait till she is healthy… About two weeks for a healthy plant is fine to let her develop a small root ball. An auto, it is best to just pop them in the container she’s going to grow in.

Regarding the stem… Generally red/purple stems are a sign the seedling stressed (usually overwater or the media is too hot). It depends if she came out with a slightly purple/red tint or she came out with a nice healthy stem and then turned red. If the latter, then that would be a big problem for an auto… For a photo, just adjust and keep growing and she should kick it into gear in a couple days… An auto, id pop another just to have a back up.

I wouldn’t dome her at night… If the temp and rh in the tent are in the range you say, she’ll be fine.

Set the fan up where the seedling is not getting direct air. Just air circulation from the tent is fine for now.

2 Likes

Word of caution not sure of the brand of soil you got but appears like a lot of wood chips in it. I tried simular soil and had lower results. Now I use Happy Frog and Tiger Bloom with good results. Photos I would start in their forever home so as not to hurt their development. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 Like

try more light and keep it like 18" about the top