How close am I to harvest?

This is my Gelato auto at 8 weeks. Am I ready to harvest?

4 Likes

Looks great! Looking close :+1:

You want to get a little microscope or jewelers loupe and inspect the trichomes up close and personal.

This is what you’re looking for:

4 Likes

Thanks! Going to wait for couch lock.

3 Likes

Ny trichomes are cloudy, but don’t see amber??

Thoughts

1 Like

Depends on desired outcome
5-10% amber is what some go for…I personally like couchlock so I wait for 25%. But honestly if your flushing properly your plant will let you know when shes finished with fading of leaves.
I pull mine when I’ve got my ideal amber % n stick them in a dark room for 2days before chopping and hanging.

Check your strain specs on how many weeks of flower it takes to finish n go from there

2 Likes

Three maybe four. No more. Or it losses value

2 Likes

did your leaves give you the answer by turning yellow? I’m wondering if it just required a little more time for them to finish growing? I believe I’m at a similar crossroads, I feel like my Auto Mandarine is finished because it’s time and it’s beautiful, but no color changing yet. It’s like Groundhog Day in the Barn!

Well yall my girl Mrs. Gloria was chopped & hung in bedroom closet on Tuesday (12/1). Going to wet prune some of leaves while hanging. Will do better job on next grow, trim well before chopping.

Have an amazing one

3 Likes

Don’t just rely on leaves. PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR CRYSTALS. if you don’t have one invest the 7 or 8$ for the magnifier. Walmart has them and so does Amazon.

Here’s a walmart link
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Insten-60x-Magnifying-Magnifier-Glass-Jeweler-Eye-Jewelry-Loupe-Loop-LED-Light-Pocket-Professional-Microscope-with-Leather-case/28889983
Scroll up and read the trichome chart

1 Like

I ordered a wifi monoscope. :slight_smile: I’m hoping to get some really good pics, will post obviously. Thank you for the recommendation!! If this scope doesn’t pan out, I’ll try the 60x Jewelers Loop

1 Like

:+1:don’t get me wrong 45x magnifier is plenty but id be interested to see how your monoscope does. I tried my borscope for my guns one time but didn’t work like I had hoped.

1 Like

It just arrived today. :wink: @wnyrenegade here ya go. This is all of a maturing Auto Mandarine with magnification between 50x - 1000x.

I think it still needs time to amber up…comments or thoughts?

2 Likes

If you like some amber, let ‘er go another few days, checking daily with your scope.

The pistils will brown/redden some too

Amber can appear quickly, so be vigilant

1 Like

That works awesome :ok_hand:…id say atleast 2 more weeks n check again

@PapaJ Yours are like mine…milky. If you starve her for 2/3 days and immerse her in darkness for another 2, you should be on point. Even if you come out a little early, this is going to be a wake and shake!

2 Likes

Hey @PapaJ what wifi monosvope is that?? Your pic look good. Send link or screenshot the box.

Thanks & have a good day

morning @Adcrag, here is the image… I found it on clearance at Walmart. :slight_smile: I’m sure they sell at other stores though… it is by no means a fancy scope, but it sure as heck does the job.

1 Like