How can you tell age?

How can you tell the age of a seed or if it’s good? How do you store and them and for how long? I am old… I don’t have forever anymore…gotta do all I can while I can remember it!

1 Like

You can’t really look at seeds to tell how old there are a lot of different ways to store them and alot different ways to germinate them for me i have a canning room that stays cool year around temperature stay 55 degree year round alot people put them in refrigerator you have to find what works best for your environment you want to store them in a cool dark place

1 Like

for long term, I pack in a moisture absorbing environment (like with silica gel packs, any decent desiccant.NO MOISTURE!. I pack in azomite dust as it is organic and can be used at seeding time to help roots. I use a dark / lightproof container and in the fridge…
Us oldtimers used to put our seeds in the fridge for 3 days before trying to germinate them, to imitate winter
you can’t tell age, just try sprouting them and if it works, great. I have sprouted Acapulco Gold seeds that were 10 years old but also tried other strains that were only a year or less and they failed. SOme has to do with seed quality, some gentics, some environmnet and some proper handling

1 Like