Hhhey Grow Friends

Well i think i finally have to chop my first :palm_tree: tree down n im excited for this moment…can somebody see if this is true or not lol…heres a pic of my blue widow and i think shes ready???

1 Like

@Tmc33 check out the trichomes for readiness. I think you have a week or more left.

You want all cloudy with 5-10% amber, depending on the effect you are looking for. Also check more than one bud, as they can mature at different times depending where on the plant they are and size.

Your tips are a little crisp on the tips of your leaves, could be a deficiency but don’t know if you can address that at this stage or not. Or it could be just too close to your lights? @MDBuds would know and provide sound advice.

But I think a bit longer! Not a bad thing, they will just get bigger and frostier! Great job on your grow!

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice and tips!:muscle:…i was thinkin to i wanted to wait till the end of the month…this is my first time doing this… Thanks so much!:handshake:

1 Like

No problem, that’s why we are all here!

Now is a good time to start getting your jars and stuff ready for the dry and cure. I use 650ml (about 24oz) Classico spaghetti sauce jars and get a dry ounce in each. Or you can buy them if you don’t have glass jars (don’t cure in plastic!)

You’ll want to hang dry at 60F and RH of 60% for 7 to 10 days in the dark then when they “snap”, put them in jars with a Boveda pack and burp them daily for a week or so then seal them up for a month. Lots of stuff on here on how to do a proper cure. Smoke your larfy buds and trim while the main buds cure (if you don’t have anything else to smoke unless you have to buy) and you will be amazed at the difference in flavour, potency and smoothness after they cure. I got 10 jars of good bud and 1 of larfy bud (12oz total), and each jar I open is better than the last one! Think I’m on jar 5 since mid January…damn I smoke too much!

3 Likes

I don’t know whether you are feeding with nutes or not, but it is recommended to give your plant a good flush with just water for a week or two before harvesting. Good job, nice buds.

1 Like