HGCC Seeds - V2

New pics are here!

White Widow and Purple Kush (10 days before harvest)

Purple Haze

SherbHead

Mochalope

3 Likes

Nice can’t wait till mine starts looking like that

1 Like

We have a successful harvest! After 63 days of flower, the purple kush and white widow clones were ready. 2 days in the dark with no water and a wet trim later, the following are some pics just before putting them in a drying tent.

White widow before wet trim

Purple Kush before wet trim

White Widow (2 plants)

Purple Kush (2 plants)

Some small nugs that “fell off” during wet trim

4 Likes

Hey everyone, PARTY AT BILLS!!!

4 Likes

Everything is dry and jarred up. Final weights weren’t too bad:

White Widow
65 grams bud
22 grams shake

Purple Kush
63 grams bud
20 grams shake

Tried some of each of the above and WOW - some of the strongest bud I’ve grown! I keep tweaking my grow/dry/cure methods and the yields keep increasing, so I must be going in the right direction.

Two Purple Haze plants are due end of May, so more pics coming!

3 Likes

Hi Bill,
Was the WW an auto or Photo?

Hi Dale,
These are all photos. I’m actually trying my first-ever autos in an outside-only grow. I’ll post a new topic once I get some usable pics/info.

2 Likes

Been working on my first auto AND outdoor grow. It’s usually not this warm in my area, so I was able to get an early start. I tend to be very “protective” of my ladies, so things that nature “supplies” may not always be useful (read: bugs, pollen, strong winds, etc…). Also having a tough time keeping my hands off the autos! I doing continuous trims throughout my entire indoor grow period, right up to about 2 weeks before harvest (most leaves that I use for hash, etc have been trimmed off by now). Anyhow, enough talk! Let me put my pics where my mouth is!! :rofl:

Lemon Haze Auto

My outdoor “garden” (lots of photos/autos going - photos will be transferred to tents)

Some of my houseplants

The dog likes to smoke a bong and join in on the fun!!!

3 Likes

Not cannabis-related, but I’m in need of some advice regarding a pest I can’t identify, let alone get rid of! These are white and leave a sticky residue behind. Also, if you squish them, they also leave a sticky mess. I’ve lost a dozen or so orchids, two 12 foot fishtail palms, a 14 foot ficus tree I grew from a 4" cutting, 3 large hibiscus, and countless other plants.

Already tried washing the entire plant with soapy water, isopropyl alcohol, tobacco/nicotine solution - nothing works for more than a moth or so, then they come back with a vengeance!

Any help on getting rid of these bastards would be greatly appreciated!

Some updated pics of the upcoming harvest…

Purple Haze (harvest end of May)

Sherbhead (mid-June harvest)

Mochalope (mid-June harvest)

1 Like

take a peek here to see if any of these look like your bugs
insect identification -click this

1 Like

Thanks for the link but nope - not it. I’ve never seen these on or near the soil - just on the leaves. They’re not destructive in a typical sense, other than the sticky mucous chokes the plant and even keeps leaves from opening fully on various plants. And once you see one, you’re done for! Can’t bring those in the house!

@Bill white flies. Safer brand insecticidal soap with seaweed extract. Spray once a week and make sure you get the undersides of the leaves really well.

That sticky stuff they leave behind is called honeydew.

These little bastards are pretty much flying aphids and they can destroy entire crops if they aren’t brought under control.

2 Likes

Thanks @MDBuds !! I’ll give that a try!

1 Like

@Bill remember it takes a few weeks to get rid of them. The insecticidal soap I recommended is safe seed to post harvest as well so you can even use it during flower. It’s also a foliar feed. I still spray weekly even though everything’s gone but the ear wigs just to prevent them returning and to keep foliar feeding.

2 Likes

Great advice - thanks! Already ordered what you recommended, so will be starting the regimen in a few days.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

Yes the white fly will mess some shit up there one I’ve had problems from them in my garden

1 Like

Harvested the two purple haze plants. Great size on the buds!

7 Likes

Couple more weeks on these to let them fatten up. First two are pics of a sherbhead plant and the last three are two different mochalope plants. The colors are really coming in nicely and the aromas are superb!
Because the sherbhead seed came from a medical dispensary’s product, the person who gave me the seed is going to pick up some of this strain from the dispensary so we can do a side-by-side comparison - should be interesting! As an OBTW, the sherbhead strain is from Klutch (Calyx Peak). The buds are getting quite heavy to the point of drooping over from weight.

4 Likes

Sherbhead harvest:

3 Likes