HGCC Nute Pack Non-Organic and Autoflowers

OK - so I asked HGCC this question and the customer rep said he didn’t have an answer. Really?

I bought the regular (not organic) nute package from HGCC for my first grow to lessen possibility of making nutes mistakes. They have a chart on the website stating how much water to mix with the nutes and say feed weekly. My question: should I feed less (amount or time) with autoflowers?

Seems pretty simple. How is it they can’t answer me? Frustrated.

2 Likes

@GrnyGrows yes it make you wonder what they teach them to do or say…my experience was also like yours, didn’t seem to want to ask anyone else the question they didn’t know the answer to. I think unless specifically reading autoflower feeding schedule I would assume it is for Photo. So I do believe auto varieties need a different nutrient schedule due to their shortened vegetative stage.

3 Likes

I’m using the organic powerups with no clear instructions. My girls seem to like them so far. I’m into week two of veg. This is only my second grow, so I don’t give any suggestions or advice. I’m enjoying my new hobby tho. image image

5 Likes

Its best to watch videos and ask questions about anything else you need to know learn your environment @GrnyGrows it will tell all my friend happy growing

1 Like

@GrnyGrows with autos start at 1/4-1/2 the recommended feeding for photos and adjust as needed.

3 Likes

@MDBuds for me and @GrnyGrows At what stage would you start with the Seedling Booster? i’ve never use the seedling booster before, but i’m about to set a couple of GG#4 Auto Flower on the next February moon and thought i might try it. It will be my first ever Auto Grow. @Daddy1971 if you don’t mind, ring in on the seed booster to bro.

2 Likes

@DollarBill you can use the seedling booster seed to harvest if you want. After using the germ genie to germinate you can either soak your neutral soil or discs/pods for the seedlings in a mix of 1/4 to 1/2 grams per liter of the seedling booster and drop your sprout in or you can amend some neutral soil at the same rates. If you plan to start the auto in it’s final container as recommended scoop out about the equivalent of a 16 ounce solo cup from the center of the pot and mix in 1/8 to 1/4 grams of the seedling booster then fill the hole back in and plant your sprout.

If you’d rather do a liquid feed just 1/4 to 1/2 grams of the seedling booster per liter of water and water the pot before planting your seedling. Then feed at 1/2 the recommended until week 3 when you start the grow nutes.

4 Likes

@MDBuds Thanks bro, sounds like good info as always.

2 Likes

I agree. That’s why I was asking them. I’ll see what folks here have to say.

1 Like

They are beautiful. I can’t wait to get to this point.

2 Likes

God bless you. This is what I felt I needed to do. Can’t believe the company leaves customers guessing. TY

4 Likes

@GrnyGrows to be fair to the company many of the customer service people aren’t growers. They only have the information given to them and aren’t familiar with usage. Also, there could be a communication gap depending on if you get someone who is fluent in English or not because their customer support is still based in Barcelona. I had to call back a few times before for issues with the website until I got someone fluent enough to understand my issue as I described it.

2 Likes

So all I grow are autos. They keep me busy. I do all organic. I use ffof soil. I use no nutrients at all until flower. I may feed them nutes twice from start of flower until done. I do foliar spray kelp about every 3 days until I am 2 weeks or so from harvest. PH and light intensity are key things for autos. Grow well

3 Likes

@MoOG you don’t have any issues from ffoliar spraying the bud’s.

1 Like

I have had. But I only grow autos so I stop foliar spray 2-3 weeks out from harvest. Keeps from causing mold and washing off the trics. I say 2 or 3 weeks because if they are maturing quickly I cut spray off sooner. I think photos because of the longer flowering time would need a different approach. But they also have a longer veg time in which to spray. All I can say is it works for me.

2 Likes

That’s why i was asking @MoOG i would also be aware of the mold they get fat but I’ve never grown autos i only grow photos

1 Like